Olive Branch is a humanitarian non-profit organization working on a range of programs to serve the needy and vulnerable people inside and outside Syria. Registered in Turkey, Olive Branch has operation/support hubs in Gaziantep, Beirut, London and Hannover. Olive Branch works in partnership with many international agencies to support peacebuilding and developing stronger communities through focusing on Education, Protection, livelihood, and Women’s Empowerment. At present, we achieve this through nearly 500 dedicated workers on the ground and managed from our bases in Germany, Lebanon and registered headquarters in Gaziantep, Turkey; together delivering and planning several humanitarian projects in Syria and Turkey.
Olive Branch is funded and supported by individual donors, local and international NGO partners, and through partner fundraising charities in Germany and the UK
The IT Department is responsible for supporting and maintaining the organization’s IT systems and for providing efficient desktop support to all organization users. The department is also responsible for resolving any IT-related faults quickly and efficiently, including a broad range of queries from how to set up an email account to system diagnostics, plus enhancing and developing the IT provision extended within the activities**.**
The post holder will provide effective IT assistance across all aspects of the actions and will provide back up and support to the IT Coordinator. The post holder is responsible for supporting and maintaining the Windows Server, Linux and Desktop operating systems, and Microsoft Exchange environment plus general maintenance of all IT-related hardware/software. The position provides exposure to a broad range of IT-related projects and activities.
• Installing and configuring computer hardware, software, systems, networks, printers, and scanners
• Monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks
• Ensure only approved applications are in use.
• Troubleshooting technical issues.
• Ensuring backup is upheld and maintaining the integrity of data, perform monthly test restores
• Ensure all laptops are linked and backed up to SharePoint and OneDrive.
• Setting up accounts for new users
• Repairing and replacing equipment as necessary
• Testing new technology
• Possibly training staff members
• Cloud management for org folders following IT procedures
• Write a monthly report to the direct manager
Help IT Coordinator monitor and govern IT systems to ensure they are always available and function reliably. include:
- Determining business requirements for IT systems
- Managing IT budgets and costs
- Monitoring safety and compliance for data security
- Controlling system and network security using antivirus program
- Providing technical or help desk support
University degree or institute in the following majors" Computers and Information Technology" Electrical, Communications, Electronic, ".
· Excellent technical knowledge of network and computer hardware.
· Experience in Routing and routers configurations with ability at the basic level of a network switch and routers connections. Troubleshooting and resolution of network issues.
· Experience with remote desktop applications and help desk software.
· Experience in office 365 apps, Learning management system, Web content management (WordPress)
· Advanced Excel, MySQL, data analysis and visualization tools, and other similar applications.
· Fluency in English and Arabic is required; knowledge of Turkish is desirable
Keeps abreast of available technology; understands applicability and limitation of technology to the work of the office; actively seeks to apply technology to appropriate tasks; shows a willingness to learn new technology.
Abuse and Harassment Policy
OB expressly prohibits and will not tolerate any form of discrimination, abuse, harassment (sexual or otherwise), based upon race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, citizenship status, disability, or military status. OB employees and related personnel must under no circumstances take part in any form of discrimination, harassment, or abuse (physical, sexual or verbal), intimidation or exploitation, or in any other way infringe the rights of others inside or outside OB