Purpose of Proposal
The purpose of the Performance Management and Evaluation Services (PMES) activity is to provide a wide range of services to USAID to enable it to effectively monitor program performance and operational context; evaluate the performance of results of USAID/Iraq activities; and, learn and adapt for improved effectiveness. USAID/Iraq needs to improve the quality of the Mission’s performance management practices so that monitoring and evaluation becomes easier, faster, more useful, and more cost-effective.
SI is seeking a Local Performance Monitoring Specialist to lead and manage the technical wok related to performance monitoring under the Iraq PMES Activity. Among other relevant tasks, the PME will conduct data quality analyses, lead and oversee the review of M&E plans, and ensure the quality and utility of performance monitoring data.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Support the Mission in performance management through; identifying approaches to strengthen results measurement and development of Mission Performance Management Plan (PMP) and results framework (RF)
- Work with a team of third-party monitors to oversee verification, outcome measurement, and DQA across the country
- Manage the central indicator database across a portfolio of USAID Activities, including conducting analyses, running routine and custom reports, and drafting summaries.
- Lead and oversee the review of project-level M&E plans, and work to ensure the quality and unity of performance monitoring data.
- Support the project Field Monitors by reviewing reporting methods, carry out training needs analyses, design reporting tools, and advising technical offices on ways to improve field monitoring performance.
- A bachelor’s degree in a relevant field such as international development, statistics, or economics, with academic training in monitoring and evaluation.
- Minimum of five years of progressively responsible experience in the areas of indicator development, data collection and analysis, data quality assessments, statistical methods and/or performance monitoring and reporting.
- Substantive experience leveraging performance monitoring data for the improvement of ongoing project management.
- Experience conducting and/or overseeing third-party monitoring strongly desired.
- Fluency in Arabic; professional proficiency in English.