Purpose of Proposal
The purpose of the Performance Management and Evaluation Services (PMES) activity is to provide a wide range of services to USAID to enable it to monitor program performance and operational context effectively; evaluate the performance of results of USAID/Iraq activities; and, learn and adapt for improved effectiveness. USAID/Iraq needs to improve the quality of the Mission’s performance management practices so that monitoring and evaluation become more manageable, faster, more useful, and more cost-effective.
SI is seeking an Iraqi Capacity Building and CLA Specialist to assist USAID/Iraq collect, manage, and utilize indicators and other performance information to measure achieved results and ensure compliance with USAID policies and regulations.
- Facilitate strong collaboration, learning, and adaptive management practices in USAID/Nepal business processes and throughout the program cycle.
- Foster strong collaborative relationships with key stakeholders, serves as a convener for dialogue and learning around emerging issues, assists in identifying and responding to key learning issues, and coordinates efforts amongst implementers working in common Development Objectives.
- Provide expert assessment, evaluation, and analytical services that will help USAID make programming decisions and new innovative designs.
- Build the MEL capacity of USAID and other development stakeholders that will contribute to improved performance and quality program results.
- Promote a culture of capacity building and CLA.
- A bachelor’s degree in a field related to organizational learning or development assistance such as public, business or development administration; KM; political science; or development studies.
- Minimum of five to seven years of demonstrated experience in strategic planning, monitoring and evaluation, project design, learning, and KM
- Experience in applying learning to improve development programs and systems change for adaptive management of development organizations or agencies.
- Demonstrated experience supporting USAID-funded contracts desired.
- Superior oral and written communication skills, with fluency in written and spoken English and Arabic