IFC—a member of the World Bank Group—is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work in more than 100 countries, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in developing countries. In fiscal year 2022, IFC committed a record $32.8 billion to private companies and financial institutions in developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity as economies grapple with the impacts of global compounding crises. For more information, visit www.ifc.org.
The Manufacturing, Agribusiness & Services (MAS) Industry Group plays an important role in supporting IFC’s strategic priorities, covering investments in the manufacturing, agribusiness and services (i.e. health and education plus tourism, retail and property) sectors. MAS’ sectors play a critical role in providing goods and services to consumers; addressing core needs, creating jobs, contributing to government revenue and stimulating growth. In IFC’s client countries, these sectors can account for as much as 80% of overall economic activity in a given country.
MAS Europe is seeking to recruit an Associate/Investment Officer. Possible locations are: Baku, Warsaw or Vienna. The positions will call for sourcing and executing new investment transactions in the Manufacturing, Agribusiness, Tourism/Retail/Property and Health/Education sectors in Europe and for portfolio supervision.
Specific responsibilities will include assisting evaluation, structuring, negotiating and closing new transactions. He/ she will also assist in portfolio restructurings, rescheduling, capital increases, equity sales, etc.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Assist in evaluating, structuring, negotiating, and closing new transactions, and in portfolio restructurings, rescheduling, capital increases, equity sales, etc.
• Develop innovative and appropriate financial structures for straightforward transactions
• Participate or lead negotiations as appropriate; use financial competences and personal influencing skills to overcome impasses and lead negotiations to a successful outcome
• Work with senior staff to develop a strong pipeline of good quality investment opportunities
• Build and maintain strong relationships with clients, global and regional private businesses, banking and multilateral partners and government officials to further develop the sector and to develop specific investment opportunities
• Coordinate closely with social, environmental, and technical assistance colleagues in order to add value to our clients' businesses, find pragmatic solutions to the specific sector challenges, and achieve sustainable development impact
• Identify and evaluate opportunities to increase the social development impact of new or portfolio projects
📚 𝗗𝗶𝘀𝗰𝗼𝘃𝗲𝗿 𝗛𝗼𝘄 𝘁𝗼 𝗚𝗲𝘁 𝗮 𝗝𝗼𝗯 𝗶𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗨𝗡 𝗶𝗻 𝟮𝟬𝟮𝟯! 🌍🤝 𝗥𝗲𝗮𝗱 𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗡𝗘𝗪 𝗥𝗲𝗰𝗿𝘂𝗶𝘁𝗺𝗲𝗻𝘁 𝗚𝘂𝗶𝗱𝗲 𝘁𝗼 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗨𝗡 𝟮𝟬𝟮𝟯 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝘁𝗲𝘀𝘁 𝘀𝗮𝗺𝗽𝗹𝗲𝘀 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗨𝗡𝗛𝗖𝗥, 𝗪𝗙𝗣, 𝗨𝗡𝗜𝗖𝗘𝗙, 𝗨𝗡𝗗𝗦𝗦, 𝗨𝗡𝗙𝗣𝗔, 𝗜𝗢𝗠 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗼𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝘀! 🌐
⚠️ 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞 𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐋𝐢𝐟𝐞 𝐍𝐨𝐰: 𝐏𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐟𝐮𝐥 𝐓𝐞𝐜𝐡𝐧𝐢𝐪𝐮𝐞𝐬 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐭𝐨 𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐚 𝐣𝐨𝐛 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐔𝐧𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐍𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐍𝐎𝐖!
• MBA or equivalent qualification
• 5+ years of experience in finance with a proven track-record in areas of sourcing, structuring and closing investments and/or supervising loan and equity exposures including working on restructurings, modifications and negotiated exits
• Strong financial and credit skills; demonstrated ability to structure a variety of financial instruments (debt and equity)
• Demonstrated knowledge of industries, industry trends and opportunities in the sub-region countries, and understanding of local issues
• Business development and client relationship skills, track record and ability to focus on client’s needs effectively
• Ability to interact directly and independently with the management of potential clients, of financial and technical partners as well as government officials
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills in English. Russian or other regional language preferred but not essential
• Strong inter-personal skills, ability to interact effectively with clients and colleagues from various cultural backgrounds
• Ability to mentor analysts/other more junior staff
• Genuine commitment to sustainable development and to highest ethical standards
• Willingness to travel extensively
World Bank Group Core Competencies
The World Bank Group offers comprehensive benefits, including a retirement plan; medical, life and disability insurance; and paid leave, including parental leave, as well as reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity and inclusive employer with a dedicated and committed workforce, and do not discriminate based on gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.
Learn more about working at the World Bank and IFC, including our values and inspiring stories.