Internship - WFP Facilities (Global support)
WFP Facilities Team, Management Services Division, Rome, Italy
The World Food Programme (WFP) is the leading humanitarian organization saving lives and changing lives, delivering food assistance in emergencies and working with communities to improve n utrition and build resilience. We are currently seeking to fill a WFP Facilities intern position in our Facilities Management Team of the Management Services Division, based in Rome, Italy.
Facilities Management Team, Management Services Division:
As part of MSDI Facilities Management Branch, the WFP Facilities team is responsible for delivering an efficient, supportive and sustainable workspace by establishing, developing and enhancing WFP office premises in line with the Organization's objectives of cost excellence, health and safety standards, environmental sustainability and employees' wellbeing.
- Title of Post: Internship
- Supervisor: Facilities Management Officer
- Unit: Facilities Management Team
- Country: Rome
- Duty Station: Rome
- Duration of internship: 6 months
- Expected Start Date: between April and May 2021
Duties and responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the Global Facilities support coordinator, the candidate will perform the following duties:
- Support on the data analysis and preparation of reports and presentations.
- Suggest and create slides (PowerPoint) showing results of the analysis
- Participate in team discussions/meetings when required
- Daily customer care and field-support activities related to Facilities services and establishment of office premises, including common premises:
- Customer care to the office premises field network
- Engage with COs to discuss office premise and common premise needs, to be presented to more senior team members
- Support on training and webinar delivery
- Provide contributions, as part of the team, on corporate communication activities
- Support the preparation of surveys and documentation related to facilities management
Qualifications and experience
- Currently enrolled with at least two years undergraduate studies completed, or recently graduated (within the past six months) (Data science, Engineering, Architecture, Facilities Management or a related field);
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office, particularly Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of data analysis and presentation system (i.e. Tableau or similar) is required;
- Knowledge of engineering and architectural software (AutoCAD, Sketch-up or similar) and graphic software (Photoshop, Illustrator or similar) is required.
- University course attendance in the past 12 months;
Required soft skills/WFP Competencies:
- Time management skills with an ability to plan;
- Good digital literacy;
- Good communication and proofreading skills
- Self-motivated and able to work with a certain degree of autonomy and/ or in team;
- Fully committed and motivated to achieve the aims of the UN World Food Programme.
- Strong analytical and data management skills;
- Able to collect, organize, analyze, and visually present significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Comfortable in a rapidly changing environment, with competing and shifting priorities.
- Customer care oriented.
- Working knowledge of English (proficiency/level C) is required.
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively - both verbally and in writing -in fluent English, with the ability to present technical concepts in concise business language to multiple audiences.
- Working knowledge of an additional UN official language is preferable (French and/Spanish or Arabic)
Supervision (Level/Methods of Supervision)
Under the direct supervision the of Global Facilities Support Coordinator, the incumbent will be provided with close mentoring, guidance and technical supervision. Performance planning and reviews as well as learning and development discussions will be elemental part of the supervision. The Facilities Management Officer will be the second-level supervisor. With the support of a comprehensive induction package and assignment of a buddy/mentor, the intern will rapidly become a productive member of the team
Throughout their assignment WFP interns have access to an industry leading learning platform, weLearn. Depending on opportunities and availability of funds, he/she may participate in WFP workshops or seminars, as appropriate.
At the end of the assignment, the Intern should have:
- Prepared reports and presentations using MS Office tools (Excel, PowerPoint, Tableau especially)
- Understand and effectively utilize communication and marketing tools, together with survey platforms (Office 365)
- Updated digital content
- Related professionally and provided support to field colleagues via online tools on various facilities management matters (emails and video-trainings), including Common Premises
- Improved knowledge and understanding of a variety of digital tools
- Organize global-based webinars and communications
VA Reference no: 141495
Closing Date: 12 April 2021
Please note that the deadline is at 11:59 pm Rome time (GMT + 1)
Terms and Conditions:
- Interns receive a monthly stipend from WFP up to the maximum amount of US$1000 per month depending on the duty station of assignment.
- WFP is not responsible for living expenses, arrangements for accommodation, necessary visas and related costs.
- WFP will reimburse travel ticket for candidates who are nationals of developing countries and are pursuing their studies in their home country.
- WFP will recognize candidates' educational credentials from recognized institutions that have been certified by competent international or national authorities such as the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) or Ministries of Education.
- Candidates who bear any of the following relations to WFP staff members are not eligible to apply: sons, daughters, brothers or sisters.
Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply. WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status. No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service. Fighting Hunger WorldwidecdEq5mS-owT1v