The United Nations Global Service Centre (UNGSC) provides critical Supply Chain, Geospatial, Information and Telecommunications Technologies services and Training to all peacekeeping and special political missions around the world as well as to other UN Offices, Agencies Funds and Programs.
This position is located within the Office of the Chief Central Service, based in the United Nations Global Service Centre (UNGSC) in Brindisi, Italy.
The Project Management intern reports to the Chief Central Service.
The Project Management internship is for a maximum period of 6 months. One (1) post is available.
Under the direct supervision of the Chief Central Service or his/her designated officer, the Project Management intern will be performing the following duties:
• support the development and implementation of projects and initiatives with a focus on innovation, communication and outreach;
• Assists the Service to coordinate briefings, client meetings and partnership discussions including preparations of the data and materials, following up actions from the meeting etc;
• Supports workshops, dialogues, and other learning opportunities to help staff adopt new ways of working;
• Experiments with and explores new tools and approaches to improv team processes;
• Brings creative thinking to the team and being willing to share;
• Performs other duties as required.
Please note that to qualify for an internship with the United Nations Internship Programme, applicants must meet one of the following requirements:
(a) be enrolled in, or have completed, a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher);
(b) be enrolled in, or have completed, the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum bachelor’s level or equivalent).
The Intern is expected to:
- Have a demonstrated keen interest in the work of the United Nations and have a personal commitment to the ideals of the Charter; and
- Have a demonstrated ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which include willingness to try and understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views.
- Be computer literate in standard software applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Be proficient in standard office automation (equipment, scanner, printer, etc.)
Job - Specific Qualification
The field of study must be closely related to the type of internship you are applying for. For this internship, studies in business administration is desirable.
Knowledge of Excel, SharePoint, and PowerBI is desirable.
Training in PowerBi -Analyzing and Visualizing Data- is desirable.
Basic understanding of project management concepts is desirable.
No working experience is required to apply for the United Nations Internship Programme. Your training, education, advance course work or skills should benefit the United Nations during your internship.