The United Nations Global Service Centre (UNGSC) provides critical Supply Chain, Geospatial, Information and Telecommunications Technologies services and Training to all peacekeeping and special political missions around the world as well as to other UN Offices, Agencies Funds and Programs.
This Internship is located in the Human Resources Unit (HRU) within Central Service at the United Nations Global Service Centre, Brindisi, Italy.
The Intern will work under the direct supervision of Chief, Human Resources Officer.
The Internship is for a maximum period of six (6) months.
Our interns work as full members of our team. They pursue projects that are designed to make a significant difference in UNGSC, in addition to experiencing and have opportunities to learn about the United Nations overall.
The HR Intern will perform the following duties:
• Contributes to special HR project such as staff engagement, performance management, gender and geographical distribution and support in Talent Outreach etc.
• Contribute to preparation and review of documents, including guidelines, reports, and newsletters, etc.
• Assists in planning and organizing HR social media communication campaign; assists in preparing background documentation, drafting correspondence/communications, reports, and presentations.
• Supports the launch and maintenance of social media accounts and initiatives in coordination with HQ as well as working on the internship external and internal web pages.
• Assist in planning and coordination of meetings, conferences and seminars and participates in the same drafting summary reports and minutes as well as monitoring and following-up on relevant actions.
• Support the preparation of senior-level meetings, conferences, and engagements where applicable.
• Conducts research on a diverse range of issues using multiple sources; selects relevant material, analyses information, and presents findings for internal review.
• Prepare research analysis and policy options for improved operational support.
• Reviews project and progress reports, summarizes findings and lessons learned.
• Assists in designing, organizing, planning, and managing the collection, evaluation, analysis, compilation, reporting and dissemination of statistical data.
• Creates graphically engaging power point presentations incorporating analytical data.
• Presents visual concepts and ideas in a compelling manner.
• Develops visual solutions derived from multiple data sources to enable insight and HR management decision-making at various levels.
• Experiments with and explores new tools and approaches to improve team processes.
• Develops an inventory of documentation to be retained and participates in record keeping improvement projects.
• Assists in improving the digitization and distribution of official documentation.
• Help with the streamlining of the internship programme in UNGSC by providing statistics and runs reports related to the programme
• Assist with the hiring, onboarding, and administration of interns, including organization of learning events and town hall meetings.
• Conduct research of internship practices with other offices of the UN Secretariat as well as across international organizations and identify best practices.
• Create a database of universities where UNGSC can post internship job openings.
• Brings creative thinking to the team and be willing to share.
Please note that to qualify for an internship with the United Nations Internship Programme, the applicants must meet one of the following requirements:
- Be enrolled in, or have completed, a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher); or
- Be enrolled in, or have completed, the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum bachelor's level or equivalent);
The Intern is expected to:
• Be computer literate in standard software applications such as MS Office package.
• Have a keen interest in analytics, information management, visualization, and performance optimization.
• Have a demonstrated keen interest in the work of the United Nations and have a personal commitment to the ideals of the Charter;
• Have a demonstrated ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which include willingness to try and understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views.
Knowledge of Data Management is an advantage.
Good communication skills is an asset.