UNDP is the leading United Nations organization fighting to end the injustice of poverty, inequality, and climate change. Working with our broad network of experts and partners in 170 countries, we help nations to build integrated, lasting solutions for people and planet. Learn more at undp.org or follow at @UNDP.
UNDP Office has organised internship programme to pprovide a framework by which students from diverse academic backgrounds may be assigned to UNDP offices, where their educational experience can be enhanced through practical work assignments as well providing an opportunity to make substantive contributions to an officeâ€™s work. The current internship will provide opportunity for student to learn some aspects of procurement.
The intern will provide clerical and support to procurement staff and works in close collaboration with the operations, programme and projectsâ€™ staff on procurement-related issues and information exchange.
Summary of key responsibilities :
- Provision of support to the procurement processes
- Administrative support sourcing strategy
- Procurement filing management system
The intern will undertake the following tasks: 1. Provision of support to the procurement processes
- Support to the procurement staff in preparation of procurement plans for the office and projects and their implementation monitoring.
- Support to the preparation documentation of procurement processes including preparation and conduct of RFQs, ITBs or RFPs, bids or proposal evaluation
- Support to procurement staff in the preparation documentation of submissions to the Contract, Asset and Procurement Committee (CAP) and Advisory Committee on Procurement (ACP).
2. Administrative support sourcing strategySupport to the procurement unit in updating the rosters of suppliers and consultant.
3. Procurement filing management system
- Provide admin support to procurement staff in managing procurement related letters
- Tracking and updated data on procurement e-sharing document
- Support to the procurement assistant in managing procurement files
- Effective Implementation of procurement processes in line with prevailing rules and regulations
- Effective administration support in sourcing system evidence with updated roster of supplier and consultant.
- Effective support in procurement letter administration
- Effective support in managing procurement files.