International Transformation Foundation (ITF) is an internationally youth led non-profit organization providing youth educational and self development programs encompassing leadership and entrepreneurship to harness creativity for youth system that provide jobs, offering security, opportunities to grow, and contribute to the development of our communities.
Since its establishment ITF has been developing and operating youth development programs to lead the youths of today as leaders with strong heart and mind as true workers of society with creative and progressive thinking. Our current projects are:
- Join the Pipe Project: Also known as a water kiosk at school it consist of financing community based schools and youth associations to set up Join the Pipe Water Kiosk model at school/ community across Kenya for people to access clean drinking water and sanitation whenever possible.
- Jijenge Kijana Fund: A youth Livelihood Pathways offering micro-credit, micro- saving and training enabling ITF members to engage in productive and stable livelihoods.
- Youth Leadership & Entrepreneurship Training: Consisting of debates and workshops giving East African youth life didactic principles with intensive instructions that shoves them to expand their boundaries of knowledge molding them into great leaders and entrepreneurs.
- Reflect Experiment Capture (REC): Is a project entailing art, experimental film making and new technologies and violence prevention in a single initiative. It tackles violence in general and bullying in particular through experimental film making as an innovative and attractive technique for any audience, especially the youth which is our target group.
- Young Social Innovators – Engines of Social Change: The project aims on one hand to conduct a comparative analysis of youth Issues, attitudes and policies in relation with the social innovation processes from the perspective of various world regions, and on the other hand to promote the recognition of youth work by building youth workers’ and youth leaders’ capacity to empower young people for using social innovation in finding local answers to complex social and societal challenges in participating communities.
- Social Entrepreneurship Training 4 Youth Power “SET YP”: The project aims to develop structured and innovative solutions towards increasing employability potential of young people throughout providing them with knowledge on social entrepreneurship & innovation.
International Relations Assistant:
Reporting to Operations Director, the International Relations Assistant plays a crucial role in bringing forward internationalization in ITF and is involved in many activities mainly creating and overseeing the ITF’s global operations. She / he is responsible for all of ITF's foreign strategic planning and implementation , providing leadership and management of the International Programs/ Office including program planning, development, and oversight of budgets.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Spearhead the ITF international expansion dubbed “the ITF Dream challenge” by:
Opening new branches in West Africa and the rest of the world;
Initiating international marketing, communications and Fund-raising initiatives.
Direct the International Office branches including projects planning, implementation, monitoring & evaluation and oversight of budgets.
Facilitate, coordinate and act as primary point-of-contact for all international affairs.
Maintaining the relationship with current international partners and establishing new relationships with international organizations and states/Governments.
Identify and prepare grant proposal and or other fundraising strategies for international projects/offices.
Hire, train/mentor, supervise, and evaluate International offices volunteer staffs.
Receive and mentor International volunteers, ensuring they are well settled and facilitate their quick adjustment to their new environment.
Organize and evaluate international programs including conferences, events and seminars as well as representing ITF in such.
Other responsibilities may be assigned.
Basic Knowledge &Skills required:
The applicant must possess or is extremely eager to learn and passionate about the following knowledge/skills and is able to demonstrate, that the essential functions of this position can be performed:
Hold at least a Bachelors Degree in related fields such as International Relations; Communications, marketing etc,
Possess knowledge in current issues and best practices relating to international youth development;
Ability to come up with creative ideas for communication and promotional materials, fundraising, identify potential opportunities for raising funds and write grant proposals,
Have excellent communication skills both orally and in writing (minimally in English), excellent interpersonal and presentation skills and the ability to work with individuals from different cultures,
Possess basic computer skills including graphic communication and social media management,
Ability to maintain an established work schedule, with or without flexibility,
Strong organizational and management skills- ability to multi task and prioritize,
Motivated to learn and take on new challenges’
Willingness and capacity to volunteer’
Unparalleled passion and commitment for youth & community development.
Although ITF Volunteers enjoy limitless opportunities, ITF does NOT provide any kind of compensation. ITF Staff operate on full-time volunteer basis for a minimum of 6 months. Volunteers are responsible for all basic expenses such as home – office transportation, accommodation etc. ITF ONLY provides direct operational expenses such as staff transportation to meetings outside the office, field visit operations etc.