Overview: IBTCI is seeking an Information Management Consultant for its Iraq Monitoring and Evaluation Project (IMEP) project in Erbil, Iraq. The program conduct monitoring & verification site visits to select activities funded by USAID to collect, analyze and report data to help increase both USAID and its partners’ understanding of the outputs, outcomes, progress, challenges, successes and lessons learned of selected projects. This position is open to Iraqi nationals only. The Level of Effort (LOE) is 90 days of work and the period of performance is from March 18, 2020 to October 15, 2020.
Using your Information Management subject matter skills, perform information management tasks on specific task orders and/or contracts. Tasks could include, but not be limited to:
Scope of Work:
- Support the DCOP in the design and finalization of the layout, formatting, of geographical maps, tables, covers, photo display and general layout of Monthly Monitoring Reports, including a one-page snapshot graphic for IMEP’s Monthly Reports to USAID.
- Design all IMEP communication materials, including public presentations, reports, dashboards etc related to USAID reporting.
- Monthly Monitoring Report Data cleaning and preparation, oversight and maintenance of internal data collection and management systems, support production of ad-hoc task specific assignments: e.g. Small-Scale Surveys and Data Quality Assessments
- Assist in designing and review of any future training materials and present all elements of training focused on data quality, data collection protocols, photography, GPS, and report writing.
- Data visualization: Managing the processing and analysis of data and information and presenting it in the format most useful for analysis (e.g. reports, maps, infographic, etc) adhering to USAID Graphics Design Standards 2020 protocol for IMEP mission.
- Support the DCOP in any ad hoc required tasks such as GIS/GPS mapping programming phones for data collection and photography, designing online surveys and problem-solving IT issues with the IMEP database, monitoring cameras, GPS units and laptops.
- Other duties as assigned.
Serve in the above consultant capacity to support the IBTCI technical practices of Crisis, Conflict & Governance, Agriculture & Food Security & Economic, Education & Growth and Global Health and/or Business Development divisions.
- This position does not authorize/require the consultant to directly communicate with IBTCI clients.
- This position does not authorize/require the consultant to have decision making authority on final work product.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to produce results-oriented professional work outputs.
- Strong ability to adhere to strict deadlines.
- Willingness to work in a fast-paced work environment without losing track of details and quality.
- Strict attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability and willingness to work with all levels of the organization.
- Experience with Graphics Design.
- Ability to work independent and take initiative.
- At least four (4) years of progressive professional experience in international development, with three (3) years of experience working with information management systems. Experience with monitoring and evaluation systems and programs preferred.
- Proven experience in utilization of Adobe Illustrator Suite/Photoshop, Microsoft Windows Office Suite tools (Microsoft Word/ Microsoft Excel, etc), Desktop Geographic Information Software Programs for map productions and data analysis.
- Experience with international humanitarian organizations, NGOs, UN entities or USAID or other donor entities is desired.
- Experience in capture, share and store data for mobile or phone surveys.
- Oral and written fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of Arabic and Kurdish languages is desirable but not required.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Information Management, Statistics, or Social Sciences required. Master’s degree preferred.**
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.**
Travel: International travel is not required.**
No phone calls please. All candidates will be acknowledged, but only final candidates for particular activities will be contacted.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. We are an E-Verify Employer.
If you are an applicant with a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability, or unable to use the online application system and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact Human Resources at 703-749-0100.
Share on your newsfeed