Individual Consultant - Deputy Programme Manager_Administration
Location : Bangalore, INDIA
Application Deadline : 07-May-21
(Midnight New York, USA)
Type of Contract : Individual Contract
Post Level : National Consultant
Languages Required : English
Duration of Initial Contract : One year
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
UNDP strives to have a workforce, which reflects diversity and gender balance, and applies an equal opportunities approach. UNDP does not solicit or screen for information in respect of HIV or AIDS status. All selections are on merit.
The DAY-NRLM (Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana - National Rural Livelihoods Mission) is the flagship program of Ministry of Rural Development, Govt. of India relaunched in 2016 for promoting poverty reduction by building strong institutions of the poor, particularly women. The programme creates and enables community owned institutions of women to empower and make them economically self-reliant by improving their agency to access a range of livelihood and financial services and maximize their resources for creating sustainable livelihood opportunities.
The state governments are mandated to set up dedicated Mission Management Units at the state, district, taluk and village/community level for the effective implementation of the NRLM scheme. The mission provides regular hand-holding support to SHG/federations for a period of 5-7 years. At the end of a fully implementation cycle the SHGs/federations are well prepared to become resource institutions at the community level for providing evidence and support to other social initiatives.
SANJEEVINI-Karnataka State Rural Livelihood Promotion Society (KSRLPS)
The State Government is implementing DAY-NRLM scheme in phases through Karnataka State Rural Livelihood Promotion Society in the name of "Sanjeevini". The mission statement of SANJEEVINI-KSRLPS is: "To reduce rural poverty by providing gainful wage and self-employment opportunities through community institutions resulting in sustainable improvement in their livelihoods".
Sanjeevini is a community driven and process-oriented programme. The processes include different activities such as awareness building, social mobilization, development of Community Resource persons (CRPs). Formation of CBOs, strengthening SHGs/ CBOs/federations/Livelihood Collectives, establishment of linkages and promotion of livelihoods. The conventional methods of monitoring focuses on physical, financial and logistic aspects of projects, but do not capture the processes of community perception, satisfaction with project services, inclusion and institutional dynamics. As the community processes do not conform to pre-set rules, deadlines, targets or blue print approaches, a responsive and adaptive implementation is necessary.
It is in this context that the State government of Karnataka has partnered with UNDP to implement The National Rural Economic Transformation Project (NRETP) in Karnataka. NRETP proposes to implement
higher order economic activities which are cross cutting in nature, for instance, the project design envisages that there will be an organic link between the model Cluster Level Federation (CLFs) and financial inclusion strategies, insurance and pension schemes, producer groups and organisations, product marketing and enterprise development. The financial inclusion strategy will also have a key role in financing of farm and non-farm enterprises. UNDP will be uniquely positioned to quickly transfer the technical know-how gained at the national and state level working across the country. The state SMMU will be fully synchronized with the National level team working at the centre, important for better alignment of state priorities with those of the national programme while formulating the State specific poverty reduction action plans.
Under the scheme, UNDP is looking for aDeputy Programme Manager_ Administration to undertake the activities as provided below. The incumbent will be based at SANJEEVINI-KSRLPS and will perform duties under the direct supervision of Additional Mission Director.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Additional Mission Director, SANJEEVINI-KSRLPS the incumbent will focus on achievement of the following results:
- Coordinate office activities and operations to secure efficiency and compliance to KSRLPS policies
- Manage agendas, travel & logistics arrangements, appointments etc. as required or assigned
- Manage phone calls, project files, documents, concept notes, correspondence (e-mail, letters, packages etc.) and various communications
- Dealing with email enquiries
- Diary management, booking meeting rooms, conference facilities and taking minutes
- Provide secretarial support by entering, formatting, and printing information; organizing work
- Create and update records, reports and database of personnel, attendance, payroll and other data periodically
- Track stocks of office supplies, place orders when necessary and management of office equipments
- Submit timely reports and prepare presentations/proposals as assigned
- Support the unit to implement procurement process of services and goods
- Provide logistics support to team members in the organization for trainings, workshops, stakeholder consultations, arrangements of study tour at state and national level
- Organizing travel and accommodation for staffs and others as required
- Ensuring premises, assets and communications are used effectively
- Arrangement of events
- Provide administration support to internal departments as required
- General office management such as ordering stationary, ensuring hygiene at work place, first aid, managing housekeeping staffs, safety, emergency, disaster management, gifts/goodies etc.
- Provides secretarial support by entering, formatting, printing information; organising work; answering the telephone; relaying messages; maintaining equipment and supplies as required
- Visit different districts for the effective periodical monitoring and supportive supervision if required
- Support District Project Managers as required
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office-Word, Excel, Power Point, Intra-Internet, e-mail applications etc
- Hands-on knowledge of document management, payroll management, vendor management inventory management and logistics management
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude;
- Ability to prioritize assignments and requirements, and multitask as needed;
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities;
- Demonstrates skills to liaise and work with varied stakeholders
- Organized, Time Management, Detail Oriented and Anticipate Needs
- Quick and responsible in communication and actions
Required Skills and Experience
Qualifications: Fulltime Post Graduate Degree in Rural Development/Business Administration/Commerce/Personnel Management from a recognised university.
Languages Required: Fluency in English and Kannada spoken, read and write for all official communicationis essential. Knowledge of English and Kannada typing is mandatory.
- 2+ years in experience in the field of administration, preferably in development Organization
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages
- Prior experience of development sector's procurement and HR Policy and procedures will be preferable
- Experience of working on the government funded projects is highly desirable
- Experience as a Secretary or Executive Administrative Assistant would be added advantage
Duration of the Work: The contract will be awarded for one year initially. Working days will be as per the State Government / SANJEEVINI-KSRLPS policy.
In case of official journey within/outside the state, candidates will be entitled to reimbursement from SANJEEVINI-KSRLPS. All official travel must be authorised and certified in advance by SANJEEVINI-KSRLPS.
SCHEDULE OF PAYMENTS
Consolidated annual consultancy fees (Remuneration) of INR 5,40,000/- payable in equal monthly instalments of INR 45,000/- upon submission of monthly progress report certified by the reporting officer.
- Contract will be administered by UNDP on behalf of the SANJEEVINI-KSRLPS ,Government of Karnataka
- The consultant should report to the Assistant Mission Director, SANJEEVINI-KSRLPS
- All the logistic support related official travel will be borne by the SANJEEVINI-KSRLPS ,Government of Karnataka.
- Consultant will be entitled for 2 days leave per month (non encashable). The accumulated leaves will be forfeited on the termination/further extension of the contract period.
Personal CV indicating all past experiences from similar projects, as well as the contact details (email and telephone number) of the candidate and atleast 3 professional references.
Evaluation Method and criteria
Preliminary short listing would be done based on the following criteria:
- Educational Qualification 30 marks.
- Relevant Experience 40 marks.
- Interview for 30 marks
Those who obtain a minimum 70% of total 70 marks (Educational Qualification & Relevant Experience) will be eligible to appear for the interview.
Interview for the shortlisted candidates would be either conducted face to face in Bengaluru or by telephone/over skype.
The contract shall be awarded on the merit basis.
General Conditions for Individual Contract- http://www.in.undp.org/content/dam/india/docs/procurement/UNDP%20General%20Conditions%20for%20Individual%20Contracts.pdf
For any clarifications, please write to: [email protected]
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.cfVfjaB-owT1v