UNV’s Management Services hold the responsibility for the strategic planning, managerial leadership, oversight and quality control of an integrated platform of operational services ensuring timely, effective and efficient delivery according to corporate performance standards and in compliance with the UN Regulations and Rules and UNDP´s accountability framework.
Reporting to the Chief, Information and Communication Technology Unit (ICTU) and Team Leader, Systems Development, the incumbent provides technical support for the implementation of activities related to core UNV initiatives driven by business user needs in areas such as:
- Business Applications and websites (cloud and on-premises);
- SharePoint Online Applications
- Cloud-based Application Integration
- Identity Management
- Robotic Process Automation
- ICT service management and service delivery
- Application Security
- Release Management
Systems analysis, technical design and specifications
- Develop software and hardware specifications of UNV systems;
- Develop and translate business requirements into application functionality, specifications, and test plans;
- Liaise with staff in business units, external IT specialists, and provide specialized advice to users;
- Develop business systems documentation;
- Apply rapid development and iterative prototyping to complex software problems.
Systems development, maintenance and integration
- Develop and maintain UNV systems in the cloud and on-premises;
- Develop new features and functionalities to for UNV systems;
- Integrate UNV applications in a consistent manner (application integration, data integration, business rules integration);
- Coordinate with outsourced company developers about the requirements to the system changes/ development, discussing technical issues and getting the solution as per agreed contracts;
- Ensure optimum technical performance of the system, upgrade or enhance existing functionalities, troubleshoot and provide continuing user support, including resolving problems (Tier III applications support);
- Maintain and administer the Web Servers (cloud and on-premises).
- Follow release management guidelines;
- Perform User Acceptance testing;
- Monitor application security and performance before and after releases;
- Monitor application and server logs.
Identity and Access Management
- Ensure proper functioning of UNV Identity and Access Management system;
- Monitor the log files and act accordingly;
- Liaise with vendors to implement improvements in the system;
- Perform modifications in the system and suggest improvements.
Robotic Process Automation (RPA)
- Define use cases to automate data exchange between applications;
- Configure the RPA process using UIPath or similar tools;
- Monitor the RPA jobs.
- Ability to make new and useful ideas work
- Ability to persuade others to follow
- Ability to improve performance and satisfaction
- Ability to listen, adapt, persuade and transform
- Ability to get things done while exercising good judgement
Information Systems and Technology (General)
- Knowledge of IST innovations and concepts and ability to apply them to strategic and/or practical situations
- Ability to develop, support, and maintain applications.
IT Customer Support
- Ability to support internal customers with IT assistance
- Ability to efficiently handle and share information and knowledge
- Secondary education, preferably with specialized certification in computer science, information systems, or related field;
- Certification in following IT skills is desirable: .Net core, Logic Apps, Azure Active Directory, Kubernetes, PHP frameworks, Enterprise Service Bus, Azure.
- 6 years of relevant experience in information and communication technology;
- Alternatively bachelor degree in combination with three (3) years of qualifying experience may be accepted;
- Experience with software development projects, with ability to collaborate on medium to large technical projects involving internal and external (outsourced) teams;
- Experience in developing web applications with Microsoft technologies (C#, .Net, Visual Basic);
- Experience in developing web applications in Microsoft Azure;
- Experience with distributed version control (GIT, TFVC);
- Experience in delivering application component involving web services (REST, SOAP, APIs, Service Bus);
- Experience in databases and complex SQL queries;
- Experience in configuring SharePoint Online features;
- Experience with agile software development methodologies would be an additional advantage.
- Proficiency in English;
- Working knowledge of another official UN language is an asset.
- Knowledge in UIPath RPA tool would be an asset;
- Good general knowledge of Linux, Apache and PHP frameworks (Laravel, Drupal);
- Good knowledge about secure software development;
- Knowledge on usability and accessibility guidelines would be an additional asset;
- Knowledge on building applications on SharePoint online using PowerApps and Flow would be an additional asset.
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted;
- The successful candidate will hold a UNDP letter of appointment;
- All posts in the GS categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
UNDP/UNV reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP/UNV at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP/UNV is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
UNDP/UNV does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Contract Duration: 1 Year with possibility for extension