ICAP is seeking an experienced knowledge management consultant to work under the core knowledge management team at ICAP to design and implement a targeted needs assessment related to knowledge management within SEAOHUN and AFROHUN.
The consultancy will take place over a period of approximately 20–30 working days from February–May 2020.
Working in close collaboration with the ICAP project team, the knowledge management consultant will be responsible for:
- Designing and implementing a needs assessment to understand the knowledge management systems currently in place within the target university networks and to identify gaps and opportunities.
- The assessment should include, but is not limited to: o A desk review of existing documentation o Engagement of key stakeholders (e.g., through surveys and/or key informant interviews)
- Using the needs assessment results to develop a strategy to improve the knowledge management systems in place within the target university networks (including goals, objectives, and priorities)
- Provide regular status updates to the project team
- Advanced degree in a relevant field.
Experience, Skills, and Minimum Required Qualifications
- Minimum of 5 years related experience, preferably in international development, education, and/or global health domains
- Substantial understanding of knowledge management theory, practice, and tools
- Extensive experience in determining appropriate knowledge management processes and products, and in designing knowledge management systems for complex, global initiatives
- Knowledge of design thinking tools and principles for digital development preferred
- Excellent communication and critical thinking skills
- Ability to be diplomatic and gain cooperation from individuals or groups over whom there is no direct authority to accomplish program goals