The I-Surge Officer - Clinical & Programs, will support site level activities to strengthen HIV care and treatment in selected facilities and districts in Eastern and Western Province
Working with the facility ART and MCH in-charge:
- Support HF staff in HIV clinical management to ensure immediate initiation of ART as part of the test and start strategy.
- Strengthen HIV testing activities with a focus on PITC and monitor index case strategy implementation.
- Strengthen access to viral load monitoring by supporting providers to request viral load test whenever indicated and interpretation of the results.
- Review and report data daily for each step of the HIV cascade
- Identify service delivery gaps and stock management
- Monitor achievement of the site level targets and discuss results and remediation measures with HF staff.
Experience, Skills and Minimum Required Qualifications
- Degree or Diploma in Clinical medicine, Nursing or any related field.
- Demonstrated knowledge in current technical skills in HIV prevention, care and treatment
- 2- 3 years’ experience with HIV healthcare delivery in resource limited setting.
- Must be trained in management of ART/OIs for Adults and Paediatrics.
- Ability to provide daily mentorship to ART providers, nurses and community based volunteers.
- A team player with ability to coordinate HIV services at the facility.
- Computer skills: Microsoft word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Fully registered with the relevant professional body (HPCZ or GNC) with a current practicing license for 2020