Humanitarian Cash and Social Protection Adviser
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We al so provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role:
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
* Provide strategic and technical support for DFID Nigeria for engaging in system reform and improving humanitarian cash programming in North East Nigeria, also with a vision of greater linkage and alignment with social protection programmes and systems
* Influencing reform: Lobby with other donors through the CDA and other high-level forums for required changes/reforms in policy and practice
* Engage with CWG and provide technical assistance to the CWG and leads as required, including: attend when needed; input into CWG strategy and work plan; review CWG monitoring framework; support review of projects as part of learning exercises.
* Provide technical and strategic advice to DFID Nigeria on strengthening linkages between humanitarian cash and social protection (alignment of assessments, targeting, payment providers, referrals, M&E and social protection systems), and to influence the wider system and policy framework.
* Follow up on mapping recommendations and advise DFID as to how to deliver them. Advise on research gap areas.
* Support the strengthening of social protection systems with the Social Protection International Partners stakeholders
* Coordinate with DFID gender and protection specialists to ensure gender empowerment, gender specific needs and unintended negative consequences and wider protection risks are reflected in Social * Protection and humanitarian cash programming.
* Ensure social protection policy and capacity development requirements are discussed in the CWG and encourage engagement of humanitarian actors in the next review of the National Social Protection Policy.
* Develop ToRs for BASIC technical assistance responding to demand from DFID Country office and / or partners where relevant.
* Provide support to donor community for the Common Donor Approach.
* Work with Humanitarian Advisers, Social Protection Advisers, Gender and other relevant staff to develop DFIDs engagement in the Common Donor Approach to cash.
* Provide inputs for the development and implementation of a Joint Donor Action Plan, (contributing where necessary, to the development of scoping study/learning exercise).
* With other donors, advocate and support the development of guiding protocols to guide the use of the Unified Registry for Beneficiaries (URB), among humanitarian actors to ensure it is in line with humanitarian principles.
* Encourage humanitarian engagement with NCTO to address beneficiary overlaps or gaps.
* Proven experience of working in humanitarian cash programming, humanitarian and multilateral systems, and linkages with social protection systems; understanding of political economy of linking humanitarian cash with social protection.
* Experience of multi-stakeholder coordination and relationship management, high level representation, technical advisory, high-level influencing and strategy implementation, donor policy shaping, research, knowledge management and learning.
* Excellent report writing skills
* This role is suitable for UK tax residents as the company does not sponsor work visas.