To increase humanitarian access by improving contact networks in areas controlled by armed groups in Syria, and assure the safety of IhsanRD property, personnel, visitors and premises.
- Conduct and update security assessments of field areas and distribution sites, as directed.
- Work closely with IhsanRD office managers inside Syria and follow up the security issues with them on daily basis.
- Report and follow-up on accidents and crises in support of affected IhsanRD staff members.
- Collect and compile a weekly report on local information relative to IhsanRD areas of operation inside Syria.
- Update the incident mapping database on a daily/weekly basis.
- Upkeep and maintain all communication devices, first aid kits, firefighting equipment to ensure they are always operational.
- Ensure that the SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures) are being observed by all inside Syria staff.
- Coordinate with all relevant line managers to ensure that all staff are briefed and trained (including drivers and guards) regularly on personal security and safety issues and that security procedures are understood and respected at all times.
- Coordinate with law enforcement agencies and other government sectors, when required
- Identify coordination requirements and solutions to ensure opening of humanitarian space and access, and recommend actions based on the analysis of pertinent information, including analysing the requirement for and implementing coordination training, where relevant, for various stakeholders.
- Establish and maintain contacts with government officials, UN agencies, NGOs, diplomatic missions, etc. to facilitate collaboration and exchange of information and liaise with various stakeholders to strengthen de-confliction and promote information sharing.
- Undertake field missions, often at short notice, to assist in or lead in the assessment, planning and establishment of coordination-related issues.
Note: the above mentioned key responsibilities/accountabilities are illustrative ones. Another future responsibilities/accountabilities may be assigned to the job depending on the department organizational chart.
Qualification (Education/Work Experience)
📌 𝗛𝗼𝘄 𝘁𝗼 𝗶𝗻𝗰𝗿𝗲𝗮𝘀𝗲 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗻𝗰𝗲𝘀 𝘁𝗼 𝗴𝗲𝘁 𝗮 𝗷𝗼𝗯? 𝗥𝗲𝗮𝗱 𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗥𝗲𝗰𝗿𝘂𝗶𝘁𝗺𝗲𝗻𝘁 𝗚𝘂𝗶𝗱𝗲 𝘁𝗼 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗨𝗡 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗨𝗡𝗗𝗣 𝟮𝟬𝟮𝟙 👨🎓👩🎓
- Bachelor degree in political science, international relations or related fields.
- Two years of professional experience in the Syrian context and related field.
- A good level in both English and Arabic is required
- Advanced university degree (Master degree or equivalent) in political science, international relations or related fields.
- Five years of professional experience in civil-military coordination, or related field.
- Advanced level of both English and Arabic is required. Fluent in Turkish will be a plus.
Core & Managerial Competencies
- Core Competencies:
§ Communication§ Teamwork§ Planning and Organizing§ Accountability§ Creativity§ Stakeholders Orientation§ Commitment to Continuous Learning§ Technological Awareness.
- Managerial Competencies:
§ Leadership§ Building Trust§ Vision§ Managing Performance§ Empowering Others§ Judgment/Decision-making.
- Technical Competencies:
§ Computer skills (Microsoft Office, Excel, Outlook email, internet).§ Experience in working in a conflict/post-conflict environment.§ Security Management Certifications from an accredited institution§ Knowledge of civilian protection and ‘do no harm principles.