Purpose of Proposal
The purpose of the Performance Management and Evaluation Services (PMES) Activity is to provide a wide range of services to USAID to enable it to monitor program performance effectively and operational context; evaluate the performance of results of USAID/Iraq activities; and, learn and adapt to improved effectiveness. USAID/Iraq needs to improve the quality of the Mission’s performance management practices so that monitoring and evaluation become easier, faster, more useful, and more cost-effective.
Summary of Position
SI is seeking a full-time Local Human Resources Manager to support human resources tasks for local field office staff, as well as to conduct full-cycle recruitment for short-term consultant and long-term employee positions for the project.
- Support human resources tasks for local field office staff, as well as to conduct full-cycle recruitment for short-term consultant and long-term employee positions for the project.
- On- and off-board project employees, including arranging and conducting orientations for new staff and exit interviews. Set up employee benefits.
- Manage social, health, and unemployment insurance as applicable. Manage employee files, maintaining complete confidentiality.
- Ensure proper compliance and protocols are being followed per local labor laws, SI policies, and USAID/Senegal policies.
- Develop HR programs, including employee engagement and professional development initiatives.
- Lead full-cycle recruitment of Iraqi consultants for monitoring, evaluation, and learning activities requested by USAID, typically within a two-week time frame.
- Conducting verification of candidate references; gather and organize candidate documents for offers and client approval. Work closely with SI HQ to ensure processes are being followed.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business administration, or a related field, with at least five years of human resources experience, including experience with recruitment, preferably with an international organization or company.
- Must be comfortable and have prior experience using online applicant systems and candidate databases as a recruitment tool.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgment and communicate effectively, orally, and in writing. Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to organize, manage, prioritize, and follow through on multiple tasks in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Word and Excel.
- Arabic fluency and professional proficiency in English.
- Experience working with USAID-funded projects in similar capacity preferred.