Forcier’s Regional unit is looking for a highly experienced, effective Human Resources professional to join our team. The Human Resources Manager will report to the Director – REG and provide support to the Director to ensure the company is compliant with all local regulations. The HR manager will oversee local recruitment, ensure personnel records are kept up to date and advise on staff welfare issues.
Key areas of responsibility:
Proactively engage on a strategic level to ensure appropriate policy and recruiting decisions are taken by senior management in accordance with Ugandan Labor Law.
- Workforce Planning and Employment (recruitment, selection and compensation)
- Ensure human resources plans, and upcoming vacancies are prepared for to ensure timely recruitments.
- Manage the recruitment process, support selection of strong candidates with the REG team department managers.
- Ensure new hires receive a thorough orientation package.
- Act as the in country focal point to ensure a smooth exit process for staff who are leaving the Forcier team.
- Provide advice to management on compensation, benefits and market rates locally to ensure a competitive package is offered to staff
- Maintain and update human resources files for staff in line with Ugandan Labor Law
- Liaise with various embassies to facilitate acquisition of visas for staff traveling to other countries on projects
- Review and provide input to the monthly payroll process
Human Resource Development (training & development)
- Maintain a database of potential professional development opportunities for Forcier staff
- Ensure performance evaluations include a summary of areas for each employee’s professional development, and support employees to undergo further training where appropriate.
- Ensure performance evaluations are in place for each employee, and support Managers to provide continuous, constructive feedback to their teams.
- Ensure that new hires and current employees are kept abreast of the policies and procedures of the organization. This may include (but not limited to) the distribution of employee handbook, code of conduct manual, performance appraisals guidelines
- Design and implement new HR policies or revise existing policies as needed
Employee and Labor Relations
- The HR manager will have a deep knowledge of Ugandan Labor Law and work to align employees’ needs and rights with the needs of the organization.
- Assess continuously and ensure Forcier is compliant with the laws and regulations of the land.
- Support the development of staff welfare and feedback initiatives to ensure employees feel comfortable to provide constructive feedback to senior management.
- Provide advisory and management support to any cases relating to infringement of the code of conduct or staff grievances.
- Liaise with the relevant Government ministries to ensure any international staff members are legally eligible to work in South Sudan
- Assess and highlight issues that could pose a possible threat to the company, such as workplace hazards, to promote a safe work environment for its workers as well as its clients and customers.
- Ensure employees receive safety training where relevant.
- Ensure employees are fully briefed on their medical insurance benefits and maintain an updated list of medical facilities which can be accessed in Uganda.
To succeed in this role you will have the following skills and qualifications:
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree required with significant experience in a senior Human Resources role, in Uganda
- Professional HR Certification is preferred
- Highly detail oriented with excellent time management skills
- Ability to deliver high-quality outputs with minimal supervision on a day-to-day basis
- Excellent customer service and communication skills and the ability to work in a multicultural environment
- Strong Microsoft Office and G Suite skills with the ability to learn new tech-based platforms and solutions
- In depth knowledge of Ugandan Labor law is essential
- Fluent English both written and spoken
- Proficiency in other languages spoken in Uganda would be advantageous
- Knowledge of French would be considered an asset
This position is open to Ugandan nationals only.