Req ID: HUMAN01983
Posted Date: 2020-03-12
Schedule: Full Time
Location: Abuja, Nigeria NGA
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions and stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 15 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
Creative Associates seeks a Human Resources (HR) Manager for an upcoming education project in Nigeria, which seeks to improve student access to school and literacy outcomes in a language they use and understand in Grades 1-3 in select areas of Nigeria, equitably and sustainably. The HR Manager oversees and manages HR issues on the project.
Reporting & Supervision:
This HR Manager reports to the Operations Manager.
- Review CVs and application information and prepare short-list for any vacancies;
- Schedule interviews;
- Organize and assist in conducting interviews alongside senior management;
- Write minutes of the interview proceedings;
- Orienting newly employed staff to the project's Abuja Office;
- Prepare and provide new employee documents containing Creative rules and regulations;
- Process and compile employee records confidentially and accurately in files;
- Work with Team Leaders to ensure employees who go on leave fill in Leave Forms;
- Ensure individual employees fill in and submit Time Sheets on time;
- Reconcile Timesheets with information on Leave Forms;
- Ensure all employees are on Medical Insurance, together with their eligible dependents;
- Ensure all queries and challenges faced by employees regarding their medical insurance are attended to by the Insurance Company for clearance;
- Monitor contract renewals and ensure performance evaluation is completed;
- Provide information as required by Compliance Officers/Auditors during the control/audit exercise;
- Perform general administrative duties like mailing and receipt of internal and external mail for the administration, courier service arrangement and if needed give assistance to faxing, photocopying and making sure that staff contacts are updated;
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Human Resource Director (Creative Home Office); and
Prepare minutes for staff meetings.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
BA/BS degree in relevant field highly desired;
Three (3) years of prior relevant experience in Human Resources Management;
Previous experience working on programs funded by international donors (preferably USAID);
Strong communication skills; and
Fluency in English and local languages required.
Local nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
Position contingent upon donor funding.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)