UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
UNDP, as an integral part of its mission to fight poverty and improve the lives of people around the world, is committed to being open, transparent and accountable. As part of this commitment, UNDP adopted International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS) and established a Global Shared Service Centre (GSSC) to provide IPSAS transactional recording (in the areas of revenue, expenses and fixed assets), procurement, advisory and support services to UNDP Offices worldwide, and to provide training to UNDP Offices where needed. Human Resources services within the GSSC was set up earlier in 2003 in Copenhagen and it provides customized service packages to more than 40,000 UN personnel from agencies, funds and programmes across the UN System. GSSC/HR in Copenhagen has established a legacy as a major Human Resources administration center within the United Nations and is recognized as a center of excellence. The Global Shared Service Centre (GSSC) is part of the Bureau for Management Services (BMS).
- Comprehensive HR strategy including benefits and entitlements management.
- Consistent approach in compliance with PSA Policies and Procedures and where necessary, Staff Rules and Regulations.
- Client and partner confidence in GHRSC as an HR service provider.
- HR policies and guidelines relating to Benefits and Entitlements are reviewed and revised as necessary.
- Equity and transparency in the application of PSA Policies and Procedures.
- Client understanding and confidence in the GHRSC as a credible HR service administrator.
- A high quality, timely and accurate service is provided to clients and partners.
- Accurate workforce database for personnel and talent management.
- Accurate determination of financial entitlements of personnel transactions.
- Timely processing and approving of financial payments to support PSA policies.
- Increased efficiency as a result of reduction in recoveries, advances and other exceptional payments.
- Accurate processing of financial entitlements to correct UNDP and third-party funds.
- HR knowledge management system contains accurate and comprehensive coverage of Benefits and Entitlements matters.
- PSA Holders are enabled and empowered through access to GSSC HR knowledge base.
- Full transparency of the administration of Benefits and Entitlements.
- Continuous learning and development for HR staff by keeping abreast with HR best practices.
- Conduct training courses on Benefits and Entitlements.
- Recommendations for improved and new HR policies and guidelines.
- Streamline payment and entitlement procedures to deliver optimal client service.
- Enhance work efficiency through constant evaluation and analysis of HR processes.
- Reduce costs of GSSC HR operations and related costs to clients and partners.
- Reduced unnecessary paperwork and administrative processes.
- Provide input and support to further development of and implementation of eServices.
- Scale up solutions and simplifies processes, balances speed and accuracy in doing work
- Offer new ideas/open to new approaches, demonstrate systemic/integrated thinking
- Go outside comfort zone, learn from others and support their learning
- Adapt processes/approaches to new situations, involve others in change process
- Able to persevere and deal with multiple sources of pressure simultaneously
- Is facilitator/integrator, bring people together, build/maintain coalitions/partnerships
- Facilitate conversations to bridge differences, considers in decision making
- Ability to design compensation plans which are aligned to current and future organization needs and market conditions; knowledge of and ability to apply the ICSC compensation methodologies and principles. Knowledge of and ability to design benefits-related processes, programmes, and tools, including benefit enrolment and amendments.
- Ability to research and turn information into useful knowledge, relevant for context, or responsive to a stated need.
- Ability to prepare, support, and help individuals and teams in designing and implementing organizational change.
- Ability to communicate in a clear, concise and unambiguous manner both through written and verbal communication; to tailor messages and choose communication methods depending on the audience.
- Ability and inclination to rapidly adopt new technologies, either through skilfully grasping their usage or through understanding their impact and empowering others to use them as needed
- Ability to respond timely and appropriately with a sense of urgency, provide consistent solutions, and deliver timely and quality results and/or solutions to fulfil and understand the real customers' needs.
- Ability to anticipate client's upcoming needs and concerns.
- Secondary Education with at least six (6) years relevant work experience, or Bachelors’ degree in Human Resources, Business or Public Administration, with relevant work experience of at least three (3) years will be given due consideration.
- Minimum 3-6 years of experience in client services provision, is required at the national or international level, including some experience specifically in the area of HR transactions, benefits and entitlements administration.
- Experience in the usage of computers and MS Office packages (MS Word, Excel etc.);
- Commitment to the United Nations system’s mission, vision and values; cultural sensitivity and adaptability.
- Familiarity with interpretation and application of UN/UNDP policies, rules and regulations is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated knowledge of integrated HR management systems would be an asset.
- Work experience from an international organization is desirable.
- Familiarity with HR module in Oracle-based Enterprise Resources (ERP) is desirable.
- 1 post English/Portuguese mandatory
- 2 posts English/French mandatory
- 5 posts English/other UN languages desired
- Specialized certification in HR is highly desirable.
Important applicant information
All posts in the NPSA categories are subject to local recruitment.
Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
UNDP in UN City Copenhagen supports a smoke-free workplace.
Contract Duration: 1 year with possibility for extension