WHO WE ARE
The Sudanese Development Initiative (SUDIA) is a pioneering non-governmental organization working with a broad cross-section of stakeholders for greater stability, development, and good governance in Sudan by reducing violence, empowering youth and advancing the role of the media and civil society.
The Human Resources & Administration (HR&A) Manager will lead, direct and manage the day-to-day Human Resources and Administrative activities for the SUDIA HQ and field offices. The HR&A Manager will provide oversight and guidance to the development and monitoring of processes related to recruitment and retention, compliance, compensation, benefits, training and development; as well as oversee administrative functions. The HR&A will provide strategic guidance on HR to the organization.
Recruitment and Retention:
- Develop and oversee recruitment process, internal policies, procedures and regulations relevant to the organization’s Human Resources.
- Develop/review job advertisements prior to posting, screen CVs, conduct telephone screenings, coordinate interview teams, participate in interviewing candidates and ensure that documentation is collected and recorded/filed.
- Draw up the employment contract based on the standard SUDIA contract types.
- Manage the new hire orientation and exit process.
Compliance and Record Keeping:
- Develop and annually review the Personnel Handbook recommending amendments needed due to changes in local conditions or labor laws.
- Manage timesheets for office, ensuring timely submission, approval, accuracy, and filing.
- Ensure adherence and compliance with the organization’s policies and regulations in HQ and other branches.
- Ensuring compliance with national laws and regulations relevant to employment (Labor Law, Social Insurance and Tax regulations and requirements).
Compensation and Benefits:
- Monitor compensation - ensuring internal equity & compliance and benefits.
- Facilitate job analysis and update job descriptions.
Payroll and Budget:
- Coordinate with Finance Manager and Finance officer in the preparation of monthly Payroll.
- Advise Managing Director on appropriate staffing levels and assist in budget preparation.
- Review employee final payments for accuracy and compliance with labor laws.
- Ensure smooth running of all administrative functions in the main and field offices.
- Develops and maintain a robust filing system for keeping correspondences, organizational records, and other materials well organized and easily accessible.
- Supervise all travel and hotel arrangements for staff and visitors, including visas and work permits as applicable.
Training and Development and Performance Maintenance:
- Evaluate the need for employee training and development and make recommendations.
- Oversee the coordination and implementation of annual performance reviews.
- Work with senior management to resolve employee relations issues pragmatically.
- Investigate employee relations issues and work to ensure human resources related decisions are consistent and fair.
(a) Level of Education/Academic Qualification
- Master’s Degree in human resources or related discipline, or equivalent combination of education and experience
(b) Relevant Work Experience
- Minimum of 5 years experience in the field of human resources
(c) Other Competencies/Abilities/Skills Required
- Must be familiar with Sudan specific laws and regulations governing Human Resources.
- Ability to work with managers to assess complex issues pragmatically.
- Ability to define problems, establish facts, analyze situations and make decisions.
- Excellent written and verbal Arabic and English language skills.
- Ability to interact with and lead employees at various levels.
- Strong understanding of confidentiality as it relates to Human Resources.
- Proficient in MS Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Must be a citizen of Sudan or Arabic speaking country national with valid work permit in Sudan.