Job Title: Human Resources Manager (SRF # 285)
*Jordanian Nationals Only
Under the direct supervision of the HR Coordinator, the HR manager is responsible for providing support and assistance to IMC staff and programs in matters related to HR – with high focus on recruitment, HR manager will supervise HR team and Coordinate HR department workload.
This role is expected to contribute in strengthening the coordination and collaboration within teams and across all teams, ensure constructive communications to build team morale within individual teams and within the whole organization to encourage a positive working environment.
- Recruitment and Retention
- Provide support and advice to managers and team leaders on recruitment and employment practice, ensuring that employment legislation, corporate and divisional policies and procedures and best practice are followed and all necessary paperwork is correctly and timely completed;
- Warrant that all aspects of recruitment and contracting are fully compliant legally and in accordance with IMC International recruitment policy including promotion of gender equity & diversity and equal opportunities by putting specific question in the interview assessment;
- Coordinate all recruitments processes which includes job announcement through appropriate channels, facilitating the hiring manager for the short-listing and interviewing process, where necessary taking part in the interviews including overseeing the recruitment;
- Warrant the pre-employment procedure is done according to the policy including background checks, reference checks prior to job offer process and contract signing;
- Ensure the recruitment tracker is updated regularly and distributed to the hiring managers, panel members, SMT and country office; - Ensure that new staff are fully aware of the expectations of their role and are provided with the support, training and information that they need to function effectively;
Ensure outgoing staff go through a proper exit interview in order to get feedback and insights on IMC program, organizational processes and systems;
Support HR in all offices and working alongside the other country HR staff to look for sustainable solutions to some of the most challenging recruitment and staffing environments. Manage the recruitment and selection process
Provide support to Program plans and assessments for capacity building of partner organizations including partners' human resources planning, skills assessments and human resources policies
Lead the implementation Annual Performance ensuring all staff and managers have the knowledge and abilities to carry out the process based on set objectives, mid-year review and end of year review in line with IMC International policy on performance management system;
Ensure that performance management activities are completed on schedule, and regular one-to-ones between staff and managers are taking place across the program;
Ensure induction program to new arrivals are conducted in timely manner utilizing induction materials and policies with efficient schedule and induction program sheets are kept in staff personal files;
Provide tailored training on HR procedures to teams (including managers and partner staff) on specific HR topics upon request or as necessary;
Support the line managers in field sites, coaching and mentoring to developing their capacity and systems and supporting them in HR policy development and implementation;
To add overseeing IMC Policies are completed by the staff such as COC, COI, etc.
Human Resources Management Information System
Ensure the HR data of all IMC Jordan office is updated in both hard and digital copies and securely placed with centralization system to support the contingency plan including the maintenance of its confidentiality and accurateness;
Produce high quality reports on human resource statistics and activities within agreed reporting schedules to support Area Director and member’s senior management team for relevant decision-making process;
Ensure high level of confidentiality of staff personal data and other sensitive HR information by putting appropriate control mechanism for document protection;
Ensure the employee database and record of staff leave balance are up-to-date including matrix of employee number, leave record of international staff, payroll of national staff for monthly submission the Country Office;
Provide oversight for staff records, ensuring completeness of each individual staff record according to IMC policy and minimum requirement including IB checks, reference checks, signed Code of Conduct, etc.
Follow up with the team on daily tasks and provide regular updates to HR Coordinator
HR Management; to oversee the daily tasks of the HR activities (office and field), etc.
- Bachelor Degree in Human resources, business, or any related field.
- Human Recourses Professional Certificate is Preferable
- Proven working experience as an HR manager or other HR executive (total experience in HR minimum of 5 Years)
- NGO/INGO background experience for a minimum of 2 years
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate clearly and effectively at all levels coupled with professional credibility to influence and motivate others to achieve results.
- Proven ability to plan, organize and prioritize work that includes complex, diverse tasks and responsibilities.
- High level of administrative and organizational skills and attention to details
- Ability to work effectively as a member of the team and to operate flexibly to ensure fair distribution of work and learning opportunities;
- Leadership skills including the ability to supervise and motivate staff with strong personal value systems;
- Ability to coach, mentor, delegate appropriately and provide developmental guidance to supervised staff.
- In-depth knowledge of labor laws, social Security and Tax in addition to HR best practices
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Arabic is essential;
- Competent level skills in core IT applications, particularly MS package;
- Patient, flexible, resilient and able to improvise and remain calm and responsive under pressure or in difficult circumstances without losing sight of objectives and work priorities;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and discreet in dealing with sensitive information using listening and diplomatic skills;
- Excellent knowledge of various HR functions such as pay & benefits, etc.
- Good understanding of labor laws.