Hivos is an international organisation that seeks new solutions to persistent global issues. With smart projects in the right places, we oppose discrimination, inequality, abuse of power and the unsustainable use of our planet’s resources. Our primary focus is achieving structural change. This is why we cooperate with innovative businesses, citizens and their organisations. We share a dream with them of sustainable economies and inclusive societies. For its Hivos seeks qualified candidates for the position of:
Title : Project Officer OPEN WE-SRD
Duty Station : Jakarta, Indonesia
Report to : PDM OPEN WE-SRD
Duration : 1 (one) year
Aim of the job
The Project Officer OPEN WE-SRD is assisting the management of Hivos portfolio for the OPEN program, especially for the women leadership, good governance, gender equality and freedom of expression
Roles and responsibilities
A. Program Management Support
- Managing the partnership with a small number of civil society organizations working on women’s leadership, women’s rights, SRHR, including performing monitoring and evaluation through out-of-town travels.
- Assisting the Project Manager and/or Coordinator/Program Development Manager in processing proposals leading to rejection or taking into proper assessment procedures.
- Assisting the development of women resource database
B. Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning
- In collaboration with the Program Manager, actively involved in the monitoring and evaluation of the project
- Regularly reporting:
• Ensure the reporting schedule submission as timely manner
• Compile and track the performance indicators from the local partners
• Collect and ensure the means of verification in accordance with the measurement framework
- In collaboration with the Program Manager, support implementation of the project performance review and the research study (desk review, baseline, midline, endline)
- Provide support to the M& E specialist in collecting and documenting the story of change from the local organization
C. Project Administration
- Assisting the preparation of all necessary documents and administrative handlings for new outgoing contractual commitments for partner organizations and consultants according to existing procedures (rejection letters, organization assessments, project summary and organization descriptions, entrance of data in project administration, contract letter and cover letter to partners).
- Organizing workshops, meetings, trainings, and the design and printing of publications as necessary.
- Processing of annual progress reports and informing partners on the outcome.
- Monitoring the timeliness of report submission from partners
Knowledge, experiences and competencies
• Excellent knowledge of development issues with emphasis on violence against women, women leadership, good governance and freedom of expressions.
• Good understanding of and strong affinity with civil society, in particular with non-governmental organizations
• Strong organizational, administrative and communication skills, particularly proficiency of writing in English.
• A good team worker.
• Prior experience in grant making will be regarded as an asset.
• IT literate.
• Minimum 2 years working experience in Civil Society Organizations or familiar with development works
What do we offer?
An inspiring and dynamic working environment, dedicated colleagues and the possibility to work for an ambitious new international initiative.
Project Officer WE-SRD graded in Grade: 5 - 6 (from 1-13 Hivos’s SEA salary grade).