Hivos is an international organisation that seeks new solutions to persistent global issues. With smart projects in the right places, we oppose discrimination, inequality, abuse of power and the unsustainable use of our planet’s resources. Our primary focus is achieving structural change. This is why we cooperate with innovative businesses, citizens and their organisations. We share a dream with them of sustainable economies and inclusive societies. For its Hivos seeks qualified candidates for the position of:
Title : Strategic Communication Consultant for WE LEAD Project
Duty Station : Jakarta, Indonesia
Report to : Project Manager Women's Voice and Leadership
Duration : 1 month start in March 2020
Hivos is an international development organization that seeks new solutions to persistent global issues. Founded in 1968 and inspired by humanist values, Hivos works in Africa, Asia, Latin America and the Middle East at a local, regional and global level, together with local civil society organizations in developing countries to contribute to a free, fair and sustainable world. Through smart projects in the right places, Hivos opposes discrimination, inequality, abuse of power and the unsustainable use of our planet’s resources.
In the Women’s Voice and Leadership (We Lead) project funded by the Global Affairs Canada (GAC), Hivos Southeast Asia and Just Associates (JASS) collaborate with five women’s organizations (WROs), namely Rahima, Fahmina, Rumah KitaB, Perempuan Mahardhika, and FAMM Indonesia, to improve the enjoyment of human rights by women and girls and the advancement of gender equality in Indonesia. Among its roles to support the achievement of this goal, Hivos works to provide organizational capacity building for the partners and to ensure the visibility and recognition of both the project and the issues raised by the project.
As part of fulfilling these roles, Hivos is hiring a consultant to facilitate a strategic communication workshop and to develop a communication plan and guidelines for We Lead Consortium.
Scope of work
The selected Consultant will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Developing the syllabus for a 3-days strategic communication workshop in consultation with We Lead Team
- Facilitating the 3-days strategic communication workshop for We Lead Consortium
- Producing a workshop report (max. 7 pages) that covers the process and the analysis of the change in participants’ knowledge
- Developing a strategic communication plan for We Lead project
- Developing a technical guideline for We Lead Project’s Visibility and Recognition
- We Lead Strategic Communication Workshop syllabus
- Facilitation of We Lead Strategic Communication Training
- We Lead Strategic Communication workshop report (max. 7 pages)
- We Lead Communication Plan document
- We Lead Visibility and Recognition Guidelines
Qualifications and Requirements
This application is open for individuals and teams with the following criteria:
• Indonesian nationals residing in Indonesia
• Fluent in Bahasa Indonesia and English
• A minimum of 3 years of professional experience in developing communication plan documents and providing trainings on strategic communication, campaign, visibility, or other related topics.
• Familiarity with human rights issues, gender equality, women’s issues, and working with minority group, including familiarity with current topics related to the issues.
• Experience in providing trainings for NGO working in women’s issues is an advantage
• Familiarity with the Global Affair Canada’s and/or Hivos communication guidelines is an advantage
The maximum budget for this assignment is IDR 40,000,000 (all inclusive). Hivos will deduct the applicable taxes to the service fee paid as required by the Indonesian Taxation Laws.