Options Consultancy Services Limited is a leading global health consultancy established in 1992 as a wholly owned subsidiary of Marie Stopes International. We manage health programmes that ensure vulnerable women and children can access the high-quality health services they need. We work with partners to co-create and implement locally informed solutions to complex health problems. This includes governments, development partners, NGOs, civil society and health workers. Our programming is flexible, evidence-based and politically informed. This means we adapt to changing contexts, use data to inform our decisions and ensure our approach is appropriate. Our focus is always on building local skills and systems that last. Our headquarters is based in London, UK with offices in Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria and Nepal
Main Purpose of the role:
Options Consultancy Services seeks a Health Systems Lead to drive the delivery of an anticipated large, foundation funded, systems change initiative in Kenya. The Health Systems Lead will provide strategic, technical and managerial oversight to Options role in the programme
Options is preparing to bid for with a local organisation to design and deliver a health systems change initiative that addresses the concerns regarding Maternal & neonatal deaths in Kenya.
The post holder will be a proactive leader and a self-starter, creatively able to draw down tools, resources and approaches from a range of Options Health System Strengthening (HSS) programmes. S/he will build and support a team of staff and consultants across multiple counties to make sustainable health systems change, strategically complementing our local partner’s efforts to improve access to and provision of quality of care
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- A postgraduate qualification in public health, or related discipline.
- Experience providing technical, strategic and management oversight to donor funded health programmes. Specifically, expertise and experience working in Kenya’s health sector, with in-depth knowledge of health systems strengthening approaches in the context of devolution; maternal and newborn health; and quality of care.
- Significant experience and a track record of successful leadership and management of teams. Previous experience of working in international development at a senior programme management level or above.
- Strong external liaison and negotiation skills with experience of fostering partnerships between Government and other stakeholders, to improve health system performance, and build national and sub-national capacity. Familiarity with government practice and protocol.
- Experience leading and managing remotely located teams of staff and diverse technical consultants to facilitate change at county level and produce high quality work.
Options is an equal opportunities employer.
Overseas candidates require a valid UK work permit.
We seek people who are pro-choice, energetic and enthusiastic about Options’ vision.
Our organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and post holders to share this commitment.