Position Name: Group ANC Technical Consultant**
Position Reports To: Program Officer, GANC Project
Period of Performance: 5 months
No of Slots: 2
G-ANC is a 2-year project sub awarded to Jhpiego by technical Advice Connect (TA CONNECT). The G-ANC project will provide technical assistance (TA) to Nasarawa State Ministry of Health (SMOH) and State Public Health Care Development Agency (SPHCDA) scaleup and institutionalize Group antenatal care (ANC) within maternal and new born health (MNH) services in public health facilities to improve the quality and experience of ANC for pregnant women through the state. The overall project goal is to improve reproductive, maternal, neonatal and child health (RMNCH) outcomes for pregnant women and their babies in Nasarawa State thus helping the State achieve its MNH annual and long-term targets.
Achieving the objectives of the G-ANC project requires a strong and efficient strategic information system that is able to use data to inform programmatic decisions. The right decisions depend on the correct data. This requires the availability and use of correct data at all levels.
· Assists the state team in implementing GANC Model with high standard.
· Oversees implementation of GANC Model activities in all facility with utmost fidelity – ensures the Model is done according to standard.
· Conducts supervision/On-The-Job training in every facility implementing GANC.
· Supports activities of the LGA Mentors on the field and ensures their reports are turned in timely.
· Ensures needed equipment/materials are available.
· Provides general support and serves as a link between facilities and Program team.
· Performs any other duties as requested by Program team.
· Timely collates and writes reports
· Registered Nurse Registered Midwife
· 3 years of working experience related to MNCH particularly ANC
· Possess good quantitative/qualitative analysis skills
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Planning, coordination and organizational skills
· Understanding of Hausa language would be an added advantage.