Brief description of HIH:
Hand in Hand for Aid and Development (HIHFAD), previously operating as Hand in Hand for Syria, was established as a UK registered charity soon after the start of the Syrian crisis in 2011 by a group of British Syrians in order to deliver humanitarian assistance to civilians impacted by the conflict in Syria. From humble beginnings the charity has grown to become one of the leading humanitarian actors serving Syrian communities both inside Syria and in neighbouring countries, employing over 900 staff in Syria, Turkey and the UK. As the organization grows, it now handles multiple institutional donors such as UN, ECHO, International NGOs and bilateral governmental agencies.
Brief description of the Department \ Project:
Dept of PDAQ is responsible for developing programatic direction of HIHFAD, including annual strategies and prosposal development. Its also in charge of ensuring quality and accountability of over all operations of HIHFAD and for leading capacity building of HIHFAD.
Purpose of the Position:
Manage all aspects of donor relations, including compiling donor reports, facilitating and confirming fund transfer and closing grants.
Lead coordination with the Programme Managers and the MEAL manager on project progress.
Support the Head of PDAQ in strategic direction and capacity building.
- Support the Head of Programme Development, Quality and Accountability in developing and reviewing strategic direction through an in-depth analysis of beneficiary needs, donor’s priorities and the global trends.
- Support Head of Programme Development, Quality and Accountability and the Head of Programme in preparing project proposals, uploading onto and updating online systems.
- Manage all aspects of donor relations, including compiling donor reports, responding to the donor’s inquiries, facilitating and confirming fund transfer and closing grants.
- Lead coordination with the Programme Managers and the MEAL manager on project progress, obstacles and lessons learned, and inform the donors when required, also liaise with Finance and Procurement departments.
- Ensure programme reintegration facilitated through early consultation and information sharing with the Programme Managers.
- Liaise with the Global Advocacy Manager on potential funding opportunities, providing evidence based inputs for advocacy activities.
- Remain updated on priorities, lessons learnt, researches and reports shared at the clusters or by Cluster members and inform the Head of Programme Development, Quality and Accountability accordingly.
- Contribute to works of the Media department, serving as a focal point for the media team in Turkey through providing inputs and materials.
- Outreaching potential donors informed by the strategic directions through networking and researching grant opportunities, fully informed by their strategic directions and strategies.
- Archive grant files and update the organisation’s portfolio.
- Contribute to capacity building of technical and management skills of HIHFAD staff, at least two training sessions to be delivered per quarter and their coaching.
Knowledge and Qualifications:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in relevant discipline.
- 3 to 5 years in the humanitarian sector, experienced in supporting various donor proposal development process (OCHA, International NGOs).
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Ability to process various documents within limited timeframe across different thematic areas and ability to analyse trends and interventions.
- Attention to details, accuracy and being quality sensitive.
- Experience in proposal development, with good understanding of donor specific requirements.
- Solid understanding of Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning framework.