Title: Global Surge - Cash Assistance
Location: Home based with extensive travel overseas
Salary: GBP 32,500
Who we are
The British Red Cross helps people in the UK and around the world to prepare for, respond to and recover from emergencies, disasters and conflicts. Our vision is of a world where everyone gets the help they need in a crisis. Our mission is to mobilise the power of humanity so that individuals and communities can prepare for, deal with and recover from crises. If you share our vision, then we want to hear from you.
The Global Surge Team is part of the Emergencies Team in the International Division of the British Red Cross, made up of highly trained professionals ready to be deployed anywhere in the world at short notice. The purpose of this team is to improve our ability to be flexible and agile by not only deploying to help in the aftermath of an emergency, but to support throughout the whole disaster management cycle.
The British Red Cross is now seeking to recruit an appropriately skilled and experienced technical specialist to the role of Global Surge - Cash Assistance. This role will enable us to provide immediate technical capacity to field operations, at short notice in times of most need.
This is a home based role which will require extensive overseas travel for up to 3 months at a time.
* To deliver Cash Assistance-related assessments, feasibility studies, response options, analysis and programme design
* To evaluate and capture learning from Cash Assistance programmes on behalf of The British Red Cross, International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC), or International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) through field deployments or remote support
* To support cash readiness in key selected National Societies and to build operational capabilities to respond with quality, rapid Cash Assistance
* To deliver targeted technical expertise to develop context specific tools,procedures, cash delivery platforms
* Conduct targeted research and/or adapt or develop tools, along with synthesising and collating analysis and case studies from different contexts
* Contribute to broader organisational learning through the facilitation, delivery and development of trainings
* Must be able to deploy at short notice for periods of up to 3 months
* Will be required to travel and work in remote and potentially unstable areas with different stakeholders
About the person
Global Surge team members need to be prepared to deploy at short notice into countries experiencing natural disasters and other crisis events.Strong technical skills, an ability to operate with limited resources and a willingness to work in a complex multi-cultural environment with a variety of stakeholders are essential.
Click here to see the full Job Description.
Closing date for applications is 23:59 22nd March 2020 (UK time).
Interviews will take place week commencing 13th April 2020
Should you have any questions on this role please email us at international_ quoting reference REQ0000029GD
*You must have the automatic right to work in the UK to apply for this position. Evidence of your right to work in the UK will be gathered during the recruitment process.
We offer a wide range of staff benefits, these include:
* Generous leave entitlement (36 days, including public holidays)
* Subsistence allowances and accommodation while deployed overseas
* Comprehensive insurance, including medical, travel, personal effects and life insurance with global coverage throughout your employment
* Pre and post assignment medicals and access to excellent health and well being benefits
* An employer backed contributory pension scheme
Click here to learn more about British Red Cross' work internationally
A little bit more about us...
The British Red Cross help anyone, anywhere in the UK and around the world get the support they need if crisis strikes.
Our organisation was born out of a desire to bring help without discrimination. Impartiality and neutrality have been central values for the Red Cross since we started.
At the British Red Cross, we are looking for the best people to help us provide support to millions of people affected by crisis. We want our team to reflect the diversity of the communities we serve, offering equal opportunities to everyone, regardless of; age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation.
Diversity is something we celebrate and we want you to be able to bring your authentic-self to the Red Cross. We want you to feel that you are in an inclusive environment,and a great position to help us spread the power of kindness.
In the British Red Cross we will not tolerate any form of misconduct, including sexual harassment,exploitation and abuse. We have a code of conduct in place, and are committed to creating a culture of integrity in the organisation where misconduct is not tolerated, situations of abuse are quickly investigated and perpetrators are dealt with effectively.
If you are appointed to a role within BRC you will be subject to the organisation's Code of Conduct, a copy of which you can find on our website. As part of its recruitment and selection process the British Red Cross undertakes DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) or equivalent overseas criminal records checking of all individuals who work overseas with us.
The British Red Cross, incorporated by Royal Charter 1908, is a charity registered in England and Wales (220949) and Scotland (SC037738).
Follow us on Twitter @RedCrossJobsUK and on Linked in - British Red Cross, to hear about our latest job vacancies.
Connecting human kindness with human crisis