About the role
Function of department
The Health Team in Crown Agents is part of the ‘Health and Humanitarian Growth Cluster’ who win and deliver health and humanitarian programmes. Current projects in the CA health portfolio include the Health Pooled Fund in South Sudan, the Saving Lives Project in Sierra Leone, the Results Based Financing Programme in Zimbabwe, and the multi country Ascend programme working toward the elimination and control of five neglected tropical diseases in 12 countries.
Main job purpose
You will provide support to the Director of Global Health and the Health team more generally, including but not limited to providing support on the delivery of health projects, the administration of the health team, as well as supporting bids and developing the health track library.
Main job responsibilities
- Build knowledge and experience through working with colleagues, developing networks, communicating widely
- Be aware of and adhere to company quality standards and procedures in accordance with Crown Agent’s commitment to working to the highest quality standards and striving for continual improvement
- Any other duties as appropriate to the position, as requested
- Support business planning for Crown Agents Health Team
- Prepare agendas and ensure relevant papers are complete and distributed prior to meetings
- Attend meetings as required to take notes minutes and action points
- Collaborate with the Director of Health on various projects and attend relevant meetings; follow up on pertinent action items
- Follow-up action points with Director and staff
- Help resolve operational pinch points which need following up and tracking across multiple business teams
Operational / Delivery
- Support the delivery of portfolio of health programmes
- Compile research briefs across key health topics and geographical priority areas
- Working in close collaboration with the team, support the submission of high quality concepts, proposals and budgets
- Provide full administrative support including, drafting correspondence, maintenance of electronic filing systems minute taking and accurate use of English
Be aware of and adhere to company quality standards and procedures in accordance with Crown Agent’s commitment to working to the highest quality standards and striving for continual improvement
Ideally, holds an MSc degree in a relevant subject (Global health; International development).
- Solid Microsoft Office and database management skills.
- Experience working with budgets desirable
- Strong self-management skills
- Strong organisational skills
- good written communication skills
- comfortable working with limited direction
- Proven ability to work across organisations with effective communications
- A self-starter, able to demonstrate high levels of initiative and motivation
- Proven organizational and time management skills: the ability to work accurately and productively in a fast-paced environment and respond/adapt to shifting priorities;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and written and oral communication skills: the ability to effectively interact with a variety of internal and external contacts with confidence and poise;
- Strong listening skills and the ability to accurately follow directions.
- Exceptional attention to detail and commitment to deadlines.
- The ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as take initiative independently.
- Commitment to respect and maintain confidentiality of donor and employee information.