CARDO Sierra Leone is looking for individuals hoping to gain valuable experience in the development sector by undertaking an international volunteering role in fundraising. This role is aimed at those with an interest in fund raising for any of our specific causes ranging from our child sponsorship, education, advocacy, girl’s empowerment and teacher training program.
As a local NGO, we have challenges in funding to advance our causes so that we can meet more targets.
CARDO Sierra Leone is a charity dedicated to empowering some of the most vulnerable children in Sierra Leone by giving them the chance to go to school CARDO Sierra Leone is currently seeking to expand and advance a series of projects in Sierra Leone which intend to provide children the opportunity to access education. This placement is a unique opportunity to make a critical contribution to an organization that is setting up and scaling its efforts within various communities in rural and urban Sierra Leone.
· Raised funds for any of our causes
· Organize activities to raise funds or otherwise solicit and gather monetary donations or other gifts for the organization.
· May design and produce promotional materials
· Also raise awareness of the organization’s work, goals and financial needs.
· Job Duties and Tasks for: "Fundraiser"
· 1) Develop corporate fundraising programs, such as employer gift-matching.
2) Monitor progress of fundraising drives.
· 3) Compile or develop materials to submit to granting or other funding organizations.
4) Develop and maintain media contact lists.
5) Develop strategies to encourage new or increased contributions.
· 6) Recruit sponsors, participants, or volunteers for fundraising events.
7) Direct or supervise fundraising staff, including volunteer staff members.
8) Secure commitments of participation or donation from individuals or corporate donors.
· 9) Prepare materials for charitable events, such as fundraising envelopes, bid sheets, or gift bags.
10) Create or update donor databases.
11) Establish fundraising or participation goals for special events or specified time periods.
· 12) Explain the tax advantages of contributions to potential donors.
13) Identify and build relationships with potential donors.
14) Monitor budgets, expense reports, or other financial data for organization.
· 15) Attend community events, meetings, or conferences to promote organizational goals or solicit donations or sponsorships.
16) Contact corporate representatives, government officials, or community leaders to increase awareness of organizational causes, activities, or needs.
17) Design or produce materials such as posters, Web sites, or newsletters to promote, market, or advertise fundraising events.
18) Develop fundraising activity plans that maximize participation or contributions and minimize costs.
19) Develop or implement fundraising activities, such as annual giving campaigns or direct mail programs.
20) Direct or coordinate web-based fundraising activities, such as online auctions or donation Web sites.
21) Plan and direct special events for fundraising, such as silent auctions, dances, golf events, or walks.
22) Solicit cash or in-kind donations or sponsorships from individual, business, or government donors.
23) Write speeches, press releases, or other promotional materials to increase awareness of the causes, missions, or goals of the organization.
24) Conduct research to identify the goals, net worth, history of charitable donations, or other data related to potential donors, potential investors, or general donor markets.
25) Write and send letters of thanks to donors.
26) Write reports or prepare presentations to communicate fundraising program data.