Food Voucher Team Memberat GOAL Syria (View all jobs)
North Idleb, Syria
General Description of the Programme:
GOAL an International Humanitarian Organisation has had a presence in Turkey since 2013 and has been contributing to the migrant response since 2016 with a focus on responding to needs in health service delivery, social safety nets and the protection of vulnerable and marginalised migrants in southern Turkey.
GOAL has been working in Syria since 2013, responding to the acute needs of conflict-affected communities. GOAL is working in Idleb Governate, both through direct implementation and through partners, delivering food, non-food programming to highly vulnerable populations, and provision of Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) through support to Water units, as well as emergency support to recently displaced households.
Under the direct supervision of the Food Voucher Team Leader, the Team Member’s primary responsibilities will be the Food Voucher distribution inside Syria, also will assist the Team Leader with the document’s verification, as well as supporting the market team in monitoring markets and overseeing shopkeepers.
Duties, objectives and competencies
- Assist the Team Leader with plan implementation by organizing food vouchers distribution process in accordance to the distribution calendar.
- Follow all necessary safety protocols, including communication and road safety.
- Conduct food voucher distributions for beneficiaries at distribution site according to Team Leader’s guidance.
- Assist the Team Leader with verification of beneficiaries’ registration and their signatures upon receiving the vouchers.
- Assist the Team Leader to determine distribution location within the village/town.
- Assist the Team Leader with collection of vouchers and documents from the shopkeepers.
- Assist the Team Leader with verification of documents received from shopkeepers.
- Assist the Team Leader to train shopkeepers to fill the required documents.
- Contribute to the registration and verification process of beneficiaries on regular basis.
Support to Program Improvement
- Communicate questions and recommendations to supervisor.
- Participate in and contribute to regular Program Management discussions about ways to improve program safety, efficiency, and effectiveness.
- Support initiatives to gather data, information, or feedback related to the program from various stakeholders.
Relationships and Coordination
- Under supervision of the Team Leader, develop and maintain positive and productive relationships with vendors and Local Councils, other NGOs, and community groups in the relevant areas.
- Maintain a respectful relationship with programme beneficiaries and be prepared to answer questions that may arise during distributions
- Understand and protect the rights and dignity of all community members and beneficiaries, especially the most vulnerable.
- Ensure that the Team Leader is aware of any difficulties or tensions which may arise from working in certain locations, reporting any safety or security concerns immediately
- Share any concerns or recommendations related to shopkeepers or markets that could affect the voucher redemption, markets functionality or prices.
- Bachelor’s degree/ Undergraduate (third year minimum)
- At least 1 year’s work experience participating in voucher or market-based programming.
- Fluency in written and oral Arabic
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills for relationships with other team members and local communities
- Ability to work well in a team in difficult circumstance
- Strong ability to effectively take and give direction
Interested? Then apply for this position via clicking on the "apply now" button and fill out the application form. All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in English. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application deadline is .
General terms and conditions
Children and vulnerable adults a must be safeguarded to the maximum possible extent from deliberate or inadvertent actions and failings that place them at risk of abuse, sexual exploitation, injury and any other harm. One of the ways that GOAL shows this on-going commitment to safeguarding is to include rigorous background and reference checks in the selection process for all candidates.
Accountability within GOAL
Alongside our safeguarding policy, GOAL is an equal opportunities employer and has a set of integrity policies. Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to the following key areas of accountability:
- Comply with GOAL’s policies and procedures with respect to safeguarding, Code of Conduct, health and safety, data protection and confidentiality, do no harm principles and unacceptable behaviour protocols.
- Report any concerns about the welfare of a child or vulnerable adult or any wrongdoings within our programming area.
- Report any concerns about inappropriate behaviour of a GOAL staff or partner.
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. GOAL reserves the right to change this document. Any published closing dates are estimated. Due to the nature of GOAL’s work we aim to fill vacancies as quickly as possible. This means that we will close adverts as soon as we have found the right candidate and this may be before the published closing date. We would therefore advise interested applicants to submit an application as early as possible.
Deadline to Apply:25th February 2020.