The European Investment Fund (EIF) is seeking to recruit for its Financial Control Division (FC) – Financial Reporting Unit at its headquarters in Luxembourg, a:
Financial Reporting Officer
This is a generic campaign in view of both current and future vacancies.
The initial term of this contract will be 3 years. The EIF offers fixed-term contracts of up to a maximum of 6 years, with a possibility of a conversion to a permanent contract, subject to business needs, organisational requirements and individual performance.
Panel interviews via video-conference are anticipated for October/November 2022
The Financial Control Division is composed of the four Units:
- The Financial Operations Unit mainly responsible for settling the transactions;
- The Financial Accounting Unit mainly responsible of the bookkeeping;
- The Liquidity Management Unit mainly responsible of managing the liquidity and the treasury portfolios of EIF and the mandates managed by EIF;
- The Financial Reporting Unit.
As part of the Financial Control Division, the Financial Reporting Unit manages various financial reporting matters in connection with the EIF activity and with the mandates managed by the EIF on behalf of third parties.
You will work under the guidance and supervision of the Head of Unit – Financial Reporting who in turn reports to the Head of Division – Financial Control. You will cooperate closely with other relevant services inside the EIB Group as well as external auditors.
In the role of a Financial Reporting Officer you will mainly:
- Prepare the regular financial reports and semi-annual/annual financial statements for the mandates managed by the EIF on behalf of third parties;
- Ensure accuracy, completeness and reliability of financial data when preparing the financial statements or any financial reporting in accordance with the selected General Accepted Accounting Principles including those derived from IFRS or IPSAS;
- Analyse new accounting standards and designing their implementation accordingly;
- Evaluate, design and implement new products/ new mandate with the unit from a financial reporting point of view;
- Actively contribute to knowledge sharing and improvements to processes within the team;
- Manage relationships with the external auditors in the context of the audit of the financial statements and to challenge questions raised during the audits.
- University qualification, preferably at postgraduate level, in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or a relevant field;
- At least three (3) years of relevant professional experience in financial reporting, preferably gained in the banking sector;
- Good knowledge of preparing financial statements and any financial report in accordance with the selected Accounting Framework;
- Very good understanding of the EIF’s mission, procedures, activities, financial instruments and products offered by the EIF is necessary;
- Sound knowledge of the financial instruments offered by the EIF and their impacts on the applicable accounting framework;
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft and Business Object. Knowledge of IBM Cognos is a considerable asset;
- Excellent command of written and spoken English. Knowledge of other EU languages would be an advantage.
- Business solutions oriented with capacity to innovate and adapt;
- High sense of responsibility, organisation and initiative;
- Clearly demonstrated track record of performance and achievement in a fast paced, complex and internationally orientated environment;
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines;
- Excellent team-working abilities;
- Strong communication skills – both written and oral;
- Problem solving approach.
Deadline for applications: Thursday, 15th September 2022
By applying for this position you acknowledge the importance of maintaining the security and integrity of the Information of the EIB Group. In case of selection for the position you agree to comply with all measures (policies, controls, document classification and management) implemented by the EIB Group to prevent unauthorized disclosure of any information or any damage to the EIB Group reputation
We are an equal opportunity employer, who believes that diversity is good for our people and our business. As such, we promote the inclusion of suitably qualified and experienced staff without regard to their gender, age, racial or ethnic origin, religion or beliefs, sexual orientation/identity, or disability (*).
(*). Applications from women and persons with disabilities are particularly encouraged.
* Due to high volume of applications, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.