Fixed-term contract - 12 months
Starting date : ASAP
PUI all around the world
With its 40 years of experience, Première Urgence Internationale :
- Supports close to 6 millions beneficiaries
- With more than 100 Millions € yearly budget
- Present in 22 countries, on 5 continents
Thanks to the work and commitment of :
- More than 2000 national staffs
- Around 200 expatriates from 45 different nationalities
- And 90 employees at HQ
PUI works in 10 areas of intervention and distinguishes itself by the implementation of an integrated approach in its response. This method aims to identify and understand the needs of all those affected by a crisis. Our teams come together to bring a rapid global response to the basic needs of populations affected by humanitarian crises to help them regain independence and dignity.
Focus on our activities in LEBANON
Our mission in Lebanon has been opened since 2012. PUI develops its integrated approach with health, protection, food security & livelihoods, and shelter interventions. Furthermore, PUI works on strengthening existing public systems and infrastructure, while also providing direct, emergency support to affected population depending on the local context. Today, the mission is implementing 12 projects.
What about the Financial Coordinator - Lebanon ?
As Financial Coordinator you will be accountable for the sound financial, accounting and budgetary management of the mission. You will be the financial representative for the mission, both internally and externally (donors, authorities, NGOs, etc.).
For this purpose, you will be responsible for :
- Financial, budgetary and accounting management: You will be responsible for all aspects relating to finance, including budgetary and accounting elements, as well as the mission cash flow.
- Representation: You will represent the association in its relations with partners, authorities and different local players for the financial areas of the mission.
- Coordination: You will centralize and diffuse information within the mission and to headquarters for all financial aspects of the mission, and consolidate the internal and external reporting for these domains.
The challenges that await you :
- Piloting major organizational initiatives (switch to a timesheet system for HR allocations, operational follow-up roll-out, deployment of HR payroll software) for PUI
- Multiplicity of donors and simultaneous grants: important workload on financial reporting
- Rationalizing the financial monitoring of partners within consortia led by PUI
- Macro-economic context instability: constant adjustments and innovative thinking needed to adjust to the continuously changing operating environment (especially around exchange rate issues)
- Managing the transition after the 10 years + tenure of current position holder
What you will need to succeed
- Training : You hold a Master‘s degree in Financial and Accounting management. If you have a technical background in project management, it would be an asset.
- Experience : You are strengthened by minimum 2 years of experience in financial / accounting management. A previous experience abroad in Humanitarian action would be appreciated. You already worked with Première Urgence Internationale? It would be a definite asset!
- Skills : You demonstrate strong writing and financial skills, you have a sound knowledge of institutional donor procedures. Excel has no secret for you, and you ideally master the use of SAGA accounting software.
- Qualities : You are a good communicator, both in writing and orally. You demonstrate good team spirit, analytical capability, a sense of responsibility, organisational skills, reactivity, and an ability to adapt. You have a good resistance to pressure and particularly in unstable circumstances.
- Languages : English has no secrets for you! All the better, it is mandatory for this position.
A word from the manager
« PUI Lebanon mission is one of the most well funded operations for PUI globally, with an estimated annual budget for 2021 of about 13 million USD, and sound perspectives for multi-year programming. The Lebanese context is highly challenging from a financial/administrative standpoint due to the macro-economic context instability: it requires both analytical and creative skills! The department is well staffed with strong, experimented managers at base level. This assignment would be perfect for an experimented financial coordinator looking to diversify their knowledge in terms of donors/grants, as well as leading organizational changes. »
PUI will offer you
- Status : Employé(e) with a Fixed-Term Contract
- Monthly Gross Income : 2 200,00 - 2 530,00 EUR depending on your experience in International Solidarity + 50€ per semester of seniority with PUI
- Insurance including medical coverage and complementary healthcare, 24/24 assistance and repatriation
- Housing in private accomodation
- Daily Living Expenses ("Per Diem")
- Break Policy : 5 working days at 3 and 9 months + break allowance
- Paid Leaves Policy : 5 weeks of paid leaves per year + return ticket every 6 months
Première Urgence Internationale sees diversity of nationalities, genders, beliefs, profiles and statuses among its Human Resources as a major asset for its humanitarian action, and therefore compels itself to the strict observance of the principle of non-discrimination throughout its recruitment process.
Première Urgence Internationale applies a policy of zero tolerance towards exploitation, sexual abuse and mistreatment, in all its forms, of women, children and all other vulnerable persons. It engages all its staff to promote, disseminate and respect the principles set out in its ethical charter.
Please note that Première Urgence Internationale shall not in any case request a financial contribution for administrative costs related to recruitment. Any such information would be fraudulent, please disregard it.
You recognize yourself in this profile and you adhere to our commitments ? You feel ready to take up the challenge and to join PUI great family ?