Working under the supervision of the Finance Project Manager, the Financial Coordinator will provide document review, reporting, analysis, and systems support for the ICAP Financial Management team. The Financial Coordinator will play an important role in the review of financial transaction documents as well as in the management of related document and record management systems.
The Financial Coordinator will carry out financial management operations including preparation of financial analyses, reconciliations, and detailed reviews, as well as process transactions in Columbia University’s accounting and reporting system. The Financial Coordinator will also provide support to the Sub-award Management team’s utilization of ICAP and Columbia University systems such as sub-recipient information and document submission web portals.
The Financial Coordinator will work on other finance related projects as assigned by the Finance Project Manager, the Associate Director of Procurement, or the Director of Financial Management.
- Review financial documents in various document submission systems. Assist with the management of document submission and record-management systems. Analyze systems and processes and make recommendations for improvement. Provide technical assistance to system users.
- Prepare monthly advances exception reports for Senior Leadership review and follow through on resolution of reportable items.
- Prepare the quarterly amortization of advances and accrual report and provide support in the preparation of other monthly and quarterly financial reports and analyses as required for internal reporting purposes.
- Provide orientation to internal users on ICAP procedures for web-based restricted party screening tools and assist with the management of restricted party screening records and reports.
- Process cash advance requests, reconciliation vouchers, and payment vouchers through Columbia University’s accounting and reporting system.
- Assist with developing and implementing improvements to ICAP Finance processes and systems; provides processing, reporting and analytical support on various projects as assigned.
- Assist with ICAP component of the Columbia University Uniform Guidance Audit by compiling and submitting information and documents, as assigned.
- Assist with preparing and delivering in-person and online accounting and financial management related trainings.
- Assist with any other projects as assigned by the Finance Project Manager, Associate Director of Procurement or Director of Financial Management.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or Computer Systems required
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in financial management or project accounting
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills in order to deal effectively with varied internal and external clients
- Advanced Excel Skills
- Demonstrated experience working in a fast paced environment
- Experience with international protocols, non-profit organizations or academic institutions
- Knowledge of Columbia University systems or other computer application systems
- May require 1-2 local or international trips per year