Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic development and post-crisis stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
Creative Associates International, Inc. (Creative) is seeking a Finance Manager for an anticipated USAID-funded program in Ethiopia. The Finance Manager will be responsible to (1) ensure contractual requirements are met, based on USAID policies and procedures; (2) develop and implement financial procedures in compliance with Creative and USAID policies and procedures; (3) oversee procurement actions, activity execution, subcontracts and consulting agreements consistent with USAID and Creative procedures, (4) provide financial training and guidance to program staff and partners.
- Ensure that the project meets all USAID contractual requirements and ensure compliance with USAID policies and regulations.
- Provide financial oversight, including the maintenance and monitoring of the project budget.
- Manage financial systems, files, and maintain Creative's online accounting system.
- Liaise between Creative Associates' field and headquarters offices regarding all program financial matters and all internal or external audit requests, as needed.
- Process check requests and wire transfer requests for payments to vendors in compliance with contract requirements.
- Review and process invoices and in-field fee payments in accordance with Creative accounting procedures and contract policies.
- Manage personnel and payroll office staff and procedures.
- Participate in ongoing analysis, forecasting and review of project expenses.
- Track the transfer of funds between headquarters and the field office, and manage accounting and finance records of in-country expenses, including developing tracking and monitoring all financial project activities, and maintaining current project expense data.
- Draft quarterly and annual financial reports on financial status of project expenses and budget information and forward to Finance & Contracts for review and approval by the Controller.
- Prepare monthly field expense reports, and report monthly expenses to HQ Offices.
- Provide Chief of Party with project's current financial status.
- Provide financial management and systems training for project staff.
- Travel to field location(s) as necessary and provide oversight to field office financial systems and processes.
- Provide training and guidance to grantees, local partners, and beneficiaries, as needed.
- Review and approve the financial close-out of program activities, and verify documentation and information is complete.
Other duties as assigned by supervisor.**Qualifications**
Minimum Bachelor's degree in relevant field (finance, accounting, business, etc.) required; Master's degree preferred.
Minimum of six (6) years of relevant work experience.
Experience managing the finances for a project of similar size.
Experience with USAID project finances and budgeting (preferred) or similar work for other donors/U.S. Government agencies.
Competent in using computers and financial software.
Experience managing teams.
Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills.
Excellent written and spoken English essential.
Ability to work under pressure and efficiently handle multiple tasks.
Ability to work under own initiative or as a part of a team.