Who We Are
The Free Yezidi Foundation provides humanitarian and human rights support to the most vulnerable members of the Yezidi community. The Foundation was established shortly after terrorists attempted to eradicate the Yezidi people in August 2014.
The Free Yezidi Foundation is headquartered in the United States and the Netherlands, with its operational presence based in the Duhok province of Iraq. Our programs support Yezidi genocide survivors and especially Yezidi women, children, and those who seek justice and accountability. FYF also plays an important advocacy role in promoting broader humanitarian and human rights support to Yezidis.
The Foundation currently employs approximately 110 staff members, both national and international, and is growing to meet new needs of and opportunities for Yezidi civilians in the coming years.
The Finance Manger is responsible for overseeing and developing the organization's financial planning, operations, reporting and compliance.
Functions include budgeting, financial reporting, grant financial management and compliance, and communicating with the organization’s accountant and other parties. The Finance Manager will work closely with the Operations Manager and Back Office Manager at headquarters, and the field finance officer, reporting to the Executive Director.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing organization and lead change and new system building.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform a number of functions successfully, including:
- Budgeting and Planning
- Create yearly financial objectives that align with organization’s strategies and current and projected grant portfolio
- Assist Operations Director with the preparation of project budgets
- Oversee day-to-day financial activities
- Manage overall financial operations to ensure accuracy in financial reporting and compliance with regulatory and funder requirements
- Oversee bank orders and other transactions executed by the Back-Office Manager
- Financial Control and Monitoring
- Monitor financial performance of the organization with respect to organizational goals, budgets and forecasts on a regular basis
- Enhance the financial policies and procedures
- Provide support and guidance to the Back-Office Manager and the Field Finance Officer
- Oversee record-keeping, reporting and bookkeeping for the field and Headquarters
- Reporting and Compliance
- Provide accurate and timely reporting to donors
- Prepare internal reports and present them to management and board
- Ensure non-profit compliance in the US
- Ensure compliance with donor requirements etc.
- Coordinate audits and year-end reports
Qualifications and Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting. Professional work at or near the level of this position may be considered as substitution for the educational requirement.
- Knowledge of typical donor guidelines.
- Minimum three years previous experience in financial management, and minimum one year in the humanitarian sector preferred.
- Experience in the preparation of budgets, financial reports, financial project follow up and audit reports.
- Demonstrated capacity to work in multicultural environments.
- MS Office, advanced level of Excel. Experience with accounting programs like Quickbooks, SAGA, Agresso or others.
- Fluency in English and the ability to write documents, reports, and present information in English is required.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States.
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Start Date: Immediate
Location: Washington D.C. or remote
*Women are strongly encouraged to apply*