Creative Associates seeks a Finance Director for an upcoming USAID-funded program in Afghanistan, focusing on women's economic development through the creation of business enabling environments that enable women to enter the formal economy. The project will focus on building systems to support services for female job seekers and business owners, improving their knowledge and skills and providing increased access to finance and job markets. The Finance Director will be responsible for managing administrative, financial/accounting, and procurement processes, including compliance with U.S. Government (USG) and Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) rules.
Reporting & Supervision:
The Finance Director will report directly to the Chief of Party.
- The project demonstrates effective financial management and compliance with client and Creative regulations, policies, and procedures;
- Provides effective training and awareness to project staff on financial management, compliance, and fraud, abuse and waste mitigation regulations, policies, and procedures; and
- Manages subcontractor awards and payments in line with client and Creative regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Lead project's administration, logistics, procurement, budgeting, finance and compliance, and property management;
- Ensure that project implementation is in accordance with USG regulations and procedures and the specifications determined in the Contract; and
- Ensure all procurement processes are fair and transparent, reviewing financial compliance, and monitoring GUC and subcontract implementation.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- At least a Masters' degree in business, economics, finance, international development, or a related field (or, alternately, a bachelor's degree in a relevant field and five additional years of relevant experience);
- At least five (5) years' financial management and operations experience on USG-financed projects in Afghanistan; and
- Experience managing grants is desired; and
- Experience with implementing USG-financed contracts.
Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Position contingent upon donor funding.