Specific duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- · Ensure office financial records are maintained in compliance with donor policies and procedures.
- · Ensure accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end closing of the accounts.
- · Establish and monitor the implementation and maintenance of accounting control procedures.
- · Establish and maintain an activity cost tracking system in the project office.
- · Track overall cash flow in the project office. Assist and support budget and forecast activities such as project projections and field funds requests, by ensuring project funds are disbursed properly, and expenditure is in accordance with the project document and project work plans, as well as finance policies and procedures.
- · Supports the Finance Manager and partner organisation to ensure accounting records and supporting documents are properly verified, accurate financial reports are prepared, and that financial and procurement operations are transparent and compliant with good practice;
- · Ensure accurate and appropriate recording and analysis of project office expenses.
- · Conduct monthly forecasting and budgetary control meetings with partner organisations.
- · Liaise with the appropriate financial counterparts in the government of Turkey.
- · Assist the Finance Manager with processing payments.
- · Coordinate with the operations officer and other project staff on finance and administration-related issues.
- · Any other reasonable request relating to the project within Synergy or partner organisation.
- · Perform other related duties as directed by the Finance Manager.
- · Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or related field.
- · 2-3 years of progressively responsible experience in accounting, financial management, or a related field.
- · Strong administration and organizational skills.
- · Experience of working with Non governmental organisations (NGOs)
- · Experience with computerized accounting software systems.
- · Excellent oral and written communication skills in both Turkish and English.
- · Able to prioritise and meet strict deadlines;
- · Able to work quickly and accurately under pressure;
- · Numerate, analytical and a problem solver with excellent attention to detail, able to spot and correct errors;
· Self-motivated and able to work unsupervised, yet a team player and willing to communicate virtually on a daily basis (through Skype, Google Hangouts, Whatsapp, and other online meeting software);
· Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office package, in particular Excel;
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Flexible with working hours
- · Experience of working with QuickBooks online
- · Experience working remotely;
- · Previous experience working with an international team
Requirements: Applicant must be a Turkish Citizen or have legal right to work in Turkey