Forcier Consulting is seeking a Fieldwork Manager for the Monitoring, Evaluation, Coordination, Contract - Deux (MECC-2) opportunity in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) and Central African Republic (CAR). This five-year activity will provide support to USAID’s Democratic Republic of the Congo Operating Unit (DRC), Central African Republic Operating Unit (CAR), and Central African Regional Operating Unit (CAROU). Support will include technical and advisory services in planning, designing, conducting, disseminating, and learning from monitoring and evaluation (M&E) of the Mission’s portfolios in order to measure progress towards the Mission’s development objectives and improve the achievement and sustainability of the Mission’s development outcomes. Additionally, MECC-2 will provide services to strengthen the Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) capabilities of USAID/DRC staff, targeted local partners, and the Government of DRC.
The Fieldwork Manager will be a full-time position based in Kinshasa or Goma, with travel as approved/needed to other project areas. The Fieldwork Manager will report to the field-based management team of the MECC-2 project and will be responsible for managing all logistical and supervisory functions associated with fieldwork operations.
This position is contingent upon award of the MECC-2 contract. Note that this position would require travel up to 50% of the time. Candidate would be required to maintain their passport validity for the duration of their employment.
Description of Responsibilities and Qualifications
The role of the Fieldwork Manager will be to support senior management in the management of the project and the research team in the field to ensure the production of high-quality research within the time and budget constraints of the project.
- Apply extensive contextual knowledge about the DRC to facilitate research.
- Provide input on tool design, fieldwork planning, and data analysis.
- Train field teams on research objectives, data collection tools, and ethical and safety protocols.
- Liaise with government officials and local communities to negotiate access on behalf of field teams.
- Provide quality assurance and quality control of quantitative and qualitative data collection.
- Recruit and manage external hires including researchers, enumerators, translators, and assistants.
- Understand the aims and purposes of a specific project and ensure that outputs and deliverables are of high quality.
- Lead by example within the research team regarding the type of quality and work ethic all staff are expected to have when conducting research.
- Act ethically in all their interactions and work in the best interest of the firm and its clients, as well as report cases when this is not happening.
Other tasks as agreed with senior management to ensure the successful implementation of a project. Qualifications
Bachelor's degree in relevant field of study (development studies, economics, political science etc)
2-3 years of experience managing fieldwork/data collection
Fluency in French and English
High level of written and spoken English
Outstanding communication skills including emails and other written communication mediums
Exceptional time management
Strong teamwork abilities
Outstanding leadership skills
High level of dependability
Knowledge of research design and methods
Ownership of project responsibilities and work products
Knowledge of Stata and Excel
Experience with USAID-funded programs in the DRC preferred
MUST BE A CONGOLESE CITIZEN