The Food and Nutrition Security Policy Analyst will assist the FIRST Policy Officer in supporting the implementation of the NIP and in the provision of overall support to the activities of the MoA Directorate General for Programme and Policy and of the SDG2 WG.
- the process of endorsement of the NFNSP and NIP, ensuring that the English/Arabic versions be consistent and government recommendations reflected in the text;
- the process of M&E of the NIP;
- the process of institution assessment for the implementation of the FNSSA governance structure envisaged by the GoP;
- organizing and deploying eventual missions of international consultants;
- supporting the functions of the SDG2 Working Group;
- supporting the functions of the MoA Directorate General for Programme and Policy;
- facilitating MoA Policy/Programme staff to operate remotely;
- MEAL exercises applied to FNSSA;
- the process of formulation and finalization of political economy analyses as needs may arise.
FAO Core Competencies:
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Demonstrates commitment to FAO’s mission, vision and values;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- Extent and relevance of experience in political economy analysis.
- Extent and relevance of experience in organizing events and multidisciplinary expert missions.
- Extent and relevance of experience in Monitoring Evaluation Accountability and Learning.
- Extent and relevance of experience in capacity and institution building.
- Knowledge of international HDP architecture including the UN System, NGOs etc. is desirable and understanding of FAO policies and programmes is an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team, and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and prioritize tasks.
- Extent of familiarity with the geographical region.
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Contract Duration: Six months with the ability to extend based on fund availability and performance