E T Consultant-Social Media Specialist
Job #: req11306
Term Duration: 1 year 0 months
Recruitment Type: Local Recruitment
Location: Washington, DC,United States
Required Language(s): English
Preferred Language(s): Closing Date: 3/26/2021 (MM/DD/YYYY) at 11:59pm UTC
IFC—a member of the World Bank Group—is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work in more than 100 countries, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in developing countries. In fiscal year 2020, we invested $22 billion in private companies and financial institutions in developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity. For more information, visit www.ifc.org
The Social Media ETC Specialist will work within the External Relations unit and in close coordination with colleagues from across the Vice-Presidency for Communications, Partnerships and Outreach, to help boost IFC's presence on social media. The chosen candidate will be tasked with producing regular high-quality content (in particular, live content) for IFC's social accounts and those of its Management Team, aimed at driving engagement and expanding reach. Ensuring consistency and coherence between all of IFC's social media accounts will also be high on the chosen candidate's agenda.
Duties and Accountabilities:
- Produce and edit content for IFC's corporate accounts on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram, in particular
- Create weekly content calendars and ensure close coordination and collaboration between all relevant units involved.
- Employ the latest social media tools and data-tracking instruments to measure performance of social media outreach and to analyze and report on it effectively.
- Produce regular high-quality live social media content, in close coordination with colleagues from across the VPU.
- Support the implementation of the overall VPU outreach strategy, and work in close coordination with the Executive Communications Team to ensure IFC's MD EVP and members of the Leadership Team keep ramping up their social media presence, with increasing engagement and widening of reach.
- Develop social listening mechanisms to follow social media conversations of interest to IFC, and report on it regularly and effectively.
- Provide regular social media monitoring reports, highlighting coverage of IFC's announcements and other pertinent issues.
- Provide regular feedback and guidance to social media colleagues (editors and producers) working in thematic and regional areas, to ensure input reaching the social media team is of relevance and high quality.
- Act as a source of social media expertise for all VPU staff on the latest trends and best practices.
- Proactively reach out to social media teams of partner organizations, clients, and relevant actors, developing partnerships and joint initiatives to further increase IFC's social media reach and engagement.
- Holding or pursuing a Master's degree, in communications, international relations, development studies or a related area.
- Experience with balancing a diverse set of social media platforms, in an international setting.
- Proven track record of driving engagement and encouraging partnerships on social media through innovative and engaging content.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including drafting outstanding and engaging content in English.
- Expert knowledge of the latest social media trends.
- Proficiency with online performance measurement and impact analysis tools.
- Ability to research, identify, and map targeted audiences and stakeholders, and to use communication tools and methodologies, such as Hootsuite, Talkwalker, Union Metrics, etc.
- Ability to work under pressure and independently with minimal supervision.
- Experience using mainstream social media content management systems, basic knowledge of HTML and other online presentation tools including.
- Demonstrated working knowledge and application of social media communications principles and other web 2.0 technologies.
Note: The selected candidate will be offered a one-year appointment, renewable for an additional one year, at the discretion of the World Bank Group, and subject to a lifetime maximum ET Appointment of two years. If an ET appointment ends before a full year, it is considered as a full year toward the lifetime maximum. Former and current ET staff who have completed all or any portion of their second-year ET appointment are not eligible for future ET appointments.
Poverty has no borders, neither does excellence. We succeed because of our differences and we continuously search for qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds from around the globe.ccgkyrW-owT1v