The Executive Director is the key management leader of WRO Organization. The Executive Director is responsible for overseeing the executive, administration, programs and strategic plan of the organization. Other key duties include fundraising, marketing, etc. The position reports directly to the Board of Directors.
1) Board Governance: Works with board in order to fulfill the organization mission and vision.
· Responsible for leading senior staff in a manner that supports and guides the organization’s mission as defined by the Board of Directors.
· Responsible for communicating effectively with the Board and providing, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions.
2) Financial Performance and Viability: Develops resources sufficient to ensure the financial health of the organization.
· Responsible for fundraising and developing other revenues necessary to support WRO’s mission.
· Responsible for the fiscal integrity of WRO, to include submission to the Board of a proposed annual budget and financial statements, which accurately reflect the financial condition of the organization.
· Responsible for fiscal management that generally anticipates operating within the approved budget, ensures maximum resource utilization, and maintenance of the organization in a positive financial position.
3) Organization Mission and Strategy: Works with board and senior staff to ensure that the mission is fulfilled through programs, strategic planning and community outreach.
· Responsible for implementation of WRO’s programs that carry out the organization’s mission.
· Responsible for strategic planning to ensure that WRO can successfully fulfill its Mission into the future.
· Responsible for the enhancement of WRO’s image by being active and visible in the community and by working closely with other professional, civic and private organizations.
4) Organization Operations: Oversees and implements appropriate resources to ensure that the operations of the organization are appropriate.
· Responsible for the hiring and retention of competent, qualified senior staff.
· Responsible effective executive administration of WRO operations in and outside Iraq.
· Responsible for signing all notes, agreements, and other instruments made and entered into and on behalf of the organization.
Actual Job Responsibilities
· Report to and work closely with the Board of Directors to seek their involvement in policy decisions, fundraising and to increase the overall visibility of the organization.
· Supervise, collaborate with organization senior staff.
· Strategic planning and implementation.
· Planning and operation of annual budget.
· Serve as WRO’s primary spokesperson to the organization’s constituents, the media and the general public.
· Establish and maintain relationships with various organizations and authorities and utilize those relationships to strategically enhance WRO’s Mission.
· Engage in fundraising and developing other revenues.
· Oversee marketing and other communications efforts.
· Oversee organization Board and committee meetings.
· Support in revising employment and administrative policies and procedures for all functions and for the day-to-day operation of the nonprofit.
· Review and approve contracts for services and employments
· Other duties as assigned by the Board of Directors.
Professional Qualifications Needed
· Having proven skill of English and Arabic and Kurdish communication.
· Transparent and high integrity leadership.
· Five or more years senior nonprofit management experience.
· Experience and skill in working with a Board of Directors.
· High level strategic thinking and planning. Ability to envision and convey the organization’s strategic future to the staff, board, volunteers and donors.
· Ability to effectively communicate the organization’s mission to donors, volunteers and the overall community.
· Demonstrated ability to oversee and collaborate with staff.
· Active fundraising experience. Excellent donor relations skills and understanding of the funding community.
· Previous success in establishing relationships with individuals and organizations of influence including funders, partner agencies and volunteers.
· Solid organizational abilities, including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation.
· Strong financial management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision making and reporting.
· Strong written and oral communication skills.
· Strong public speaking ability.
· Strong work ethic with a high degree of energy