- Coordinate the implementation of the EVAW activities in the area of preventing violence against women;
- Monitor the field work and provide technical support in the selected communities;
- Reporting to UN Women.
- Support the development and coordination of the activities aimed at mobilizing women, girls, men and boys at community and individual level in favor of respectful relationships and gender equality;
- Actively participate in planning meetings, support the development of work plans and propose interventions based on need assessments;
- Undertake regular field trips to support the work of key partners, both institutions and civil society organizations;
- Establish effective working relations with responsible parties and stakeholders;
- Participate in all aspects of the project implementation, communication and information exchange with the EVAW team and responsible stakeholders (government and CSOs);
- Ensure timely and efficient implementation of the project’s activities in the area of prevention and ensure that the project results are aligned with approved workplan.
- Design and implement monitoring plans, data collection and verification tools in coordination with EVAW Field Coordinator and EVAW Project Manager;
- Undertake regular monitoring missions to ensure timely delivery and quality of results;
- Ensure proper identification of and follow up with the international and national experts/consultants and institutions/civil society groups involved in the implementation of activities;
- Identify and link to related ongoing activities within other institutions and encourage collaboration and synergies.
- Provide inputs for quarterly, annual and donor reports on the state of the implementation of the coordinated activities;
- Contribute to ensure project documentation/communication is properly done and tracking system is in place for effective project closure;
- Ensure adherence to the UN Women operating rules and procedures;
- Perform appropriate operations in ATLAS.
- Integrity: Demonstrate consistency in upholding and promoting the values of UN Women in actions and decisions, in line with the UN Code of Conduct;
- Professionalism: Demonstrate professional competence and expert knowledge of the pertinent substantive areas of work;
- Cultural sensitivity and valuing diversity: Demonstrate an appreciation of the multicultural nature of the organization and the diversity of its staff. Demonstrate an international outlook, appreciating difference in values and learning from cultural diversity.
- Ethics and Values: Demonstrate and safeguard ethics and integrity;
- Organizational Awareness: Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment;
- Development and Innovation: Take charge of self-development and take initiative;
- Work in teams: Demonstrate ability to work in a multicultural, multiethnic environment and to maintain effective working relations with people of different national and cultural backgrounds;
- Communicating and Information Sharing: Facilitate and encourage open communication and strive for effective communication;
- Self-management and Emotional Intelligence: Stay composed and positive even in difficult moments, handle tense situations with diplomacy and tact, and have a consistent behavior towards others;
- Conflict Management: Surface conflicts and address them proactively acknowledging different feelings and views and directing energy towards a mutually acceptable solution;
- Continuous Learning and Knowledge Sharing: Encourage learning and sharing of knowledge;
- Appropriate and Transparent Decision Making: Demonstrate informed and transparent decision making.
- Excellent substantive knowledge on prevention of violence against women and the situation in Republika Sprska, Federation of BiH and District Brcko;
- Ability to extract, interpret, analyze data and resolve operational problems;
- Ability to perform work of confidential nature and handle a large volume of work;
- Ability to support a team and team building skills;
- Strong IT skills and ability to apply it consistently in work tasks;
- Good knowledge of administrative rules and regulations, organizational policies and procedures related to the position and ability to apply it consistently in work tasks;
- Focus on results and positive response to feedback;
- Attention to detail;
- Generates new ideas and proposes new, more effective ways of doing things;
- Documents and analyses innovative strategies/best practices/new approaches;
- Reports to internal and external partners in a timely and appropriate fashion;
- Organizes and prioritizes work schedule to meet partners and donors needs and deadlines;
- Establishes, builds and sustains effective relationships within the work unit and with internal and external partners;
- Responds to partners needs promptly.
- MA degree in law, economics, political science, social studies or closely related field.
- BA with additional two years of experience may be accepted in lieu of MA degree.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in similar positions is required. For candidates with MA, a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience is required;
- Demonstrated project experience will be highly valued as well as previous work and research on topics related to human rights, gender equality, and preventing and responding to violence against women;
- Experience working with GE women rights issues is necessary and having a good understanding of violence against women;
- Experience with the international standards related to the Project Cycle Management and Monitoring and Evaluation of Projects;
- Previous experience working with international organizations will be considered an asset.
- Excellent English and B/S/C language skills, both written and oral and good translation skills.
- Short listed candidates will be tested in this field.
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UN Women rosters
Note: UN Women reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UN Women at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UN Women is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Contract Duration: 1 year with possibility of extension