General Description of the Programme:
GOAL has been working in Syria since 2013, responding to the acute needs of conflict-affected communities. GOAL is working in North West Aleppo both through direct implementation and through partners, delivering food, non-food programming to highly vulnerable populations, and provision of Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) through support to Water units, as well as emergency support to recently displaced households.
A key function of this position is to be part of a team of 3 to perform emergencies program activities including but not limited to needs assessment, distributions (in-kind & cash) related activities, market related activities, redemption activities, trader activity.
Duties, objectives and competencies
The post holder will be responsible for the following duties in relation to emergencies programme activities:
- Effective and constant communication with local councils and communities, providing a basic information about response modality, criteria etc...
- Registering the relief committees as needed.
- Contribute as a team member to complete his role as be assigned in any stage of the distribution activities.
- Conducting a Rapid need assessment prior to emergency response window.
- Perform Trader tasks as assigned to him \ her supervision, verifying documents, … etc.
- Perform Redemption tasks as assigned to him \ her verifying documents, counting, … etc.
- Transport: support the team leader by being the focal point person on the emergency team for ensuring driver/ transport is available when needed by the team.
- Security: support the team leader by being the focal point person on the emergencies team for asking villagers and committee on any updated security information.
- Ensure that all documents of activities of distribution, market, redemption and trader are filled in, and given to the team leader daily.
- Assist the team leader with planning the daily work for the team.
Provide information to the team leader \ DPM for the daily update as needed, including:
Security situation in the GOAL villages and neighbouring villages.
Any difficulties encountered and how they were overcome.
Community complaints or relief committee complaints.
Documenting the distributions, daily distribution report, and ARFs.
Coordination with other organizations who are active in GOAL’s AoO.
Other tasks assigned by the supervisor.
- BA, institute, or undergraduate degree
- At least one year of experience in (Food & NFI, Hygiene, and/or vouchers)
- has a knowledge and believing in humanitarian principles
- Flexible about working long hours, at night, and in unsecure situations
- Availability to travel for up to 80% of the time, work and stay overnight in programme areas when needed
- Fluent in Arabic (writing, reading and conversations)
- familiar with chat applications
- Some computer skills (MS Word and Excel)
- Hard working
- On time
- Details oriented.
- Respectful of the community and other staff members
- Thorough in maintaining documents
- Represents GOAL in a professional manner.
- Has a high communication skill.
- Previous experience in cash distributions.
- Good English Language
General terms and conditions
Children and vulnerable adults a must be safeguarded to the maximum possible extent from deliberate or inadvertent actions and failings that place them at risk of abuse, sexual exploitation, injury and any other harm. One of the ways that GOAL shows this on-going commitment to safeguarding is to include rigorous background and reference checks in the selection process for all candidates.
Accountability within GOAL
Alongside our safeguarding policy, GOAL is an equal opportunities employer and has a set of integrity policies. Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to the following key areas of accountability:
- Comply with GOAL’s policies and procedures with respect to safeguarding, Code of Conduct, health and safety, data protection and confidentiality, do no harm principles and unacceptable behaviour protocols.
- Report any concerns about the welfare of a child or vulnerable adult or any wrongdoings within our programming area.
- Report any concerns about inappropriate behaviour of a GOAL staff or partner.
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. GOAL reserves the right to change this document. Any published closing dates are estimated. Due to the nature of GOAL’s work we aim to fill vacancies as quickly as possible. This means that we will close adverts as soon as we have found the right candidate and this may be before the published closing date. We would therefore advise interested applicants to submit an application as early as possible.