The purpose of the Emergency Response Coordinator (ERC) position is to Coordinate and Manage the full range of CARE South Sudan’s emergency responses in Health, Protection and Food security. The position and related outputs contribute directly to the CARE SS strategic Objective on delivering Gender Transformative humanitarian response. The role ensures Emergency support to State Coordinators enabling them to effectively execute emergency responses within their own states. The ERC identifies opportunities and resources for strengthening response efforts, from the regional and global rosters and effectively represents CARE at national coordination mechanisms, ensuring that CO (Country Office) is well apprised of donor and UN concerns and priorities.
The ERC will report to the Deputy Country Director Programs and work closely with the Country Director, Deputy Country Director-Operations, Crisis Management team, RMU and CARE Emergency Group (CEG) staff.
- To provide and coordinate managerial and technical support to all aspects of the CO emergency response efforts.
- Assist the Field teams in providing on-site and remote support for Emergency response planning and budgeting.
- Assist the Field teams in quality assurance and accountability, advocacy, and representation at key meetings at Juba level.
- S/he will constitute, plan and organize activities of the CO Emergency Response Team (ERT) members and work directly with Programs to strengthen transition to longer term recovery strategy development from emergencies.
- Response planning, coordination and management
- Response reporting
- Bachelor’s Degree in Medicine, Epidemiology or Public Health.
- 5- years’ experience in emergencies response.
- Experience leading a public health emergency response.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Good report writing skills.
- Be able to work independently, as well as in a team.
- Be willing to accept responsibility and to show good judgment, initiative, and resourcefulness.
Previous and current humanitarian needs in South Sudan have tended to be food security or public health in nature including the current COVID-19 response hence CARE SS seeks passionate individuals with experience managing Public Health Emergencies of Significant scale for this role.This is initially a six- month position and requires travel up to 50% of time predominantly within often underserved locations of South Sudan.