General Description of the Organization:
Orange is a non-governmental civil society organization devoted to alleviating the suffering and improving the sustainability mechanisms of the conflict-affected population.
Orange partners directly with affected Syrian populations delivering humanitarian and development programmes, Food Security, Livelihood, Education, and Protection, to enable them to improve their living practices and their sustainability mechanisms.
Orange also collaborates with national and international non-governmental organizations, local initiatives responding to the humanitarian Syrian crisis with capacity development programmes, to be better equipped with the skills they need to prepare and respond to affected population’s needs and to ensure that these communities, which we work within, are ready for any future disasters.
Orange Organization is caring out an Emergency response – cash based within the District of Azaz. The project aims to support the most vulnerable internally displaced people who flee from conflict front line locations to another with better security conditions. The response is cash based to secure their basic needs in order to order to survive within the destination locations. This will be achieved by conducted continuous needs assessment, tracking the internally displaced people movement in coordination with relevant clusters, and the provision of cash assistance according to a specific criterions.
The Project Manager will be responsible for the implementation of comprehensive related emergency activities, within the Orange’s program framework and in line with Orange’s standards. The Manager will be responsible for the management of the project’s budget, designing of tools, and overall supervision of projects’ activities to ensure proper implementation with full adherence to donors’ requirements. Also, He/she will be responsible for building partnerships with humanitarian actors within the FSL as well as CCCM sectors. The Project Manager will work with Orange’s Director of Programs, Grants and Partnership Director and other staff members to identify new opportunities to extend Orange’s emergency responses.
Duties, objectives and competencies:
· Contribute to the development/ revision of best practice guides, manuals and other technical resources to improve the quality of Orange’s emergency and cash based activities;
· Work with other staff to support the development of guidance and resource materials that aim to improve projects delivery;
· Support the development of the projects’ strategy for emergency responses and contribute to conduct a stakeholder analysis and identifying potential partnership opportunities, pre-positioning with donors, and developing technically sound proposals;
· Participating in implementing the required needs assessment, and identifying research and evaluation priorities;
· Be the primary provider of technical support and guidance for emergency response with a particular emphasis on design, implementation, monitoring and resource mobilizations.
· Lead the implementation of the emergency response project ensuring timeliness and delivery according to the activity plan and results in the framework;
· Lead all relevant activities’ technical revision of the adopted tools by the project team;
· Provide the technical inputs in regard to the enhance the project’s activities quality.
· Ensure the projects adheres to both donor and Orange’s protection approach, to best practices and to all internal policies and procedures;
· Ensure participation of the community in the implementation of the project through appropriate mechanisms ensuring the projects address the needs of the most vulnerable;
· Liaise with other implementing partners to ensure appropriate coordination of interventions and avoid activities overlapping;
· Manage and revise project operational plans based on a plan submitted to donors and in accordance with Programme Management Tools;
· Work with project team and link with Senior Management Team on progress and encountered challenges;
· Respond to requests for information about emergency response from Orange staff from various departments and field programs, donors and relevant stakeholders.
· Line manage the project staff/team to ensure effective and efficient programme implementation, partnership, relationships and operational systems;
· Ensure that there is a clearly defined structure, up-to-date job description, and reporting mechanisms for each team member in line within Orange’s HR policies and procedures;
· Hold regular coordination meetings with key team members and regular meetings with SMT to discuss issues, ensure strong communication and learning from each other;
· Contribute to team capacity building and set up training plans to enhance team members technical capacity;
· In corporation with Orange human resources, participating in project staff performance appraisal, and identifying required skills and capacity development.
· In contribution to the logs/procurement team, ensure that all relevant purchase orders are well prepared and submitted with providing all required BOQs and technical specifications to maintain the best level of provided services/supplies;
· Prepare project procurement plan and oversee procurement implementation to ensure all services/supplies are provided within the projects’ timeline/work plan;
· Contribute to setup procurement criteria according to required items with support to the procurement team to ensure best value for money practices are met.
· Manage the project budget, including regular monitoring of expenditure against budget, in accordance with Orange’s financial procedures and guidelines;
· Develop a clear work and expenditure plan and ensure that the programme is implemented within the agreed/approved budget and timeframe.
· Report all project’s activities with donor’s deadline with adherence to donors’ requirements and reporting formats;
· Report immediately all projects’ security challenges and ensure proper incident reports are submitted;
· Participate in the relevant cluster, and relevant technical working group reports, data collection and reporting project’s activities via 4Ws submission.
· Represent Orange’s at different local coordination forums and national forums and other working groups related to the emergency responses;
· Maintain communication and experience sharing with the partner organisations and other stakeholders to ensure the efficiency and effectiveness of project activities and promote best practice;
· Regularly provide briefings on Orange’s relevant projects, emerging issues, and developments in Orange’s areas of operation to a range of audiences, including Orange’s staff, donors, the media, UN agencies, inter-agency networks, etc.
Monitoring & Evaluation
· Manage programme in line with the logical framework, the programme M&E plan and ensure regular analysis and reporting on programme data;
· Ensure related staff are aware of, and understand the M&E methodologies and requirements including monthly data collection, analysis and reporting to all key stakeholders in a timely manner;
· Provide technical contribution to the design of M&E tools and support MEAL team in data analysis.
· Adhere fully to the commitments and rules of Orange’s Code of Conduct
· Undertake any other relevant duties as may be assigned by the SMT.
· business administration, Economy, or relevant field of study. MA is preferred.
· At least 3 years of proven work experience within the field of emergency response;
· Excellent proven technical knowledge;
· Strong communication skills, including the ability to coordinate with multiple parties and external stakeholders;
· Very good reporting skills;
· Sound judgement and ability to make impartial recommendations;
· Experience in programme development, management and monitoring & evaluation;
· Very good computer skills including MS office.
· Excellent English and Arabic language skills (spoken, written and reading), Turkish will be an asset;
· Hard-working, proactive and able to prioritise and delegate a demanding workload.
· Turkish Nationality is required.
Orange’s Values and Principles:
We believe that:
· Maintaining a positive, healthy, and trusting relationship are central to making the partnership a success.
· Appropriately trained and resourced staff and volunteers are key to effective and efficient service and program delivery in the development sector.
We are committed to:
· Shared responsibility, accountability, and decision-making in any partnership.
· Providing access to high-quality learning to empower people and professionals in the development sector, particularly in the developing world.
· Learning from each other to strengthen and enhance the long-term sustainability of our services and programs for the benefit of children and communities that we serve.
Child safeguarding policy
Orange aims to create an organization that is safe for children but is also aware of the need to keep child protection concerns proportionate and to guard against over-zealous attitudes. Child abuse thrives in closed and secretive atmospheres. Orange’s best protection is to create an open and aware culture where people are not afraid to speak about their concerns.
Any employee, consultant, contractor or the supplier undertaking an activity on behalf of Orange capacity building must sign the Child Safeguarding – Declaration of Acceptance Form and comply with the Orange Child Safeguarding Policy which is a statement of Orange commitment to preventing abuse and protecting children with whom it comes into contact