Given the current crisis in the South-West and North-West regions of Cameroon, the Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA) is scaling up its presence to support the mobilization and coordination of an effective and principled humanitarian response.
Under the leadership of the United Nations Humanitarian/Resident Coordinator for Cameroon, OCHA maintains an office in Yaoundé and field offices in the Far North (Kousseri and Maroua) and in the South-West (Buea) and North West (Bamenda).
Under the general supervision of the OCHA Head of Office, the direct supervision of the Head of Sub-Bureau and the technical support of the Administration and Finance Officer, the driver is responsible for providing reliable and safe driving services for the OCHA Office, while with the utmost discretion, integrity and sense of responsibility, good knowledge of protocol principles and security issues. The Driver must also demonstrate a client-centered approach, courtesy, tact and the ability to work with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
Duties and Responsibilities
?DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Drive the official vehicle assigned to him, collect and distribute mail, documents and other items to local authorities, NGOs and banks, ensure the reception of official visitors (Consultants and Experts on mission) at the airport, facilitate immigration and customs formalities if necessary and ensure their travel within the framework of their missions;
- Be responsible for the daily maintenance of the vehicle in his/her charge, check the oil, water, battery, brakes, tires, etc ... Make minor repairs in case of breakdown, take all the provisions for major repairs and ensure that the vehicle entrusted is kept clean;
- Record the official trips, daily mileage, fuel consumption, oil checks, greasing, etc., in the Log-Book and maintain the vehicle's technical data sheet (dates of technical visit and renewal of insurance); guaranteeing the presence of the kit of first necessity and spare parts in the vehicle;
- Ensure cost reductions through proper vehicle use through maintenance, daily logbook maintenance and other useful arrangements;
- Provide logistical support for the organization of seminars / workshops related to office activities
- Ensure that all the formalities required by the regulations are accomplished in the event of an accident;
- Ensure field missions outside the city;
- Serve as an administrative and logistical assistant in support of sub-office activities;
- Perform any other related duties that do not exceed the abilities and skills assigned by the Head of Sub-Office.
- Demonstrate integrity in accordance with United Nations values ??and ethical standards;
- Promote OCHA's Vision, Mission, Values ??and Strategic Objectives through the Administration and Finance Section
- Demonstrate sensitivity and adaptability to culture, gender, religion, race, nationality and age.
- Treat everyone fairly and without favoritism.
- The ability to provide the required service on time
- A practical and technical knowledge of maintenance.
c) Development and Operational Efficiency:
- The ability to conduct strategic planning, results-based management and report writing.
- Good knowledge of the North West Cameroon region;
- Good knowledge of radio communication (VHF, HF);
- Basic knowledge of mechanics would be an asset;
- Focus on impact and outcome and respond positively to critical feedback.
- Encourage risk taking in the quest for creativity and innovation.
- Demonstrate strong written and oral communication skills
- Establish strong relationships with customers and external stakeholders
- Good relational skills
e) Technological skills:
- Knowledge of the computer tool
f) Personal Mastery:
- Ability to work under pressure in a complex environment.
- Knowledge of rules and regulations for driving vehicles;
- Ability to maintain equipment and vehicle equipment in a permanent state of operation;
- Ability to work in multicultural environments.
Required Skills and Experience
- Post-primary minimum diploma. A diploma / certificate in automobile mechanics would be a considerable asset
- Driving license B
- At least Two (2) years’ experience as a Driver, without an accident;
- Experience as a Clerk / Help in a structure would be an asset.
- Knowledge of the rules of good behavior and aptitude for minor repairs
- Work experience in the Southwest and Northwest regions is an asset
- Experience in the United Nations System is an asset
c) Languages ??required
- Excellent oral and written mastery of the English language and good knowledge of French;
- Good knowledge of some local languages, especially those used in southwestern Cameroon (Pidjin, Kejom, Ngemba, Bafut, Ngemba, Munga-Ka, Itanikom, Lamnso, Limbum... etc..).
MANDATORY : ENCLOSE A PDF FILE TO THE APPLICATION
Constitution of the file to attach :
- Cover letter
- Copy of diploma
- Copies of work / service certificates
- driving license category B
- Performance evaluations