Job ID: 34925
Practice Area - Job Family: Management
Vacancy End Date: (Midnight New York, USA) 15/02/2021
Duty Station: Male, Maldives
Education & Work Experience: C-HS Graduate or Equivalent - 3 year(s) experience
Languages: Dhivehi, English
Vacancy Type: Service Contract (SC)
Posting Type: External
Bureau: Asia & the Pacific
Contract Duration: 1 year
Under the guidance of the Assistant Resident Representative (Operations) and direct supervision of the Executive Assistant to RR, the Driver provides reliable and safe driving services to UNDP Resident Representative, UNDP Office and other high-ranking UN officials and visitors ensuring highest standards of discretion and integrity, sense of responsibility, excellent knowledge of protocol and security issues. The Driver/Administrative Clerk also demonstrates a client-oriented approach, courtesy, tact and ability to work with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
The Driver also provides support to administrative services ensuring high quality of work, ensures accurate, timely and properly recorded/documented service delivery. He/She promotes a client, quality and results-oriented approach.
Upon request of the supervisor, the Driver can also be required to provide driving services to the staff in the office, Consultants and Experts and UN staff on mission.
The Driver works in close collaboration with the Operations/Programme staff in the CO and other UN agencies staff to exchange information and ensure consistent service delivery.
Duties and Responsibilities
- â€‹Ensures provision of reliable and safe driving services by a) driving office vehicles for the transport of UNDP RR, other high-ranking officials and visitors and delivery and collection of mail, documents and other items, and b) meeting official personnel and visitors at the airport including visa and customs formalities arrangement when required.
Day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle and related documentation:
- Ensures cost-savings through proper use of vehicle through accurate maintenance of daily vehicle logs, provision of inputs to preparation of the vehicle maintenance plans and reports.
- Ensures proper day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle through timely minor repairs, arrangements for major repairs, timely changes of oil, check of tires, brakes, car washing, etc.
- Ensures availability of all the required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle logs, office directory, map of the city/country, first aid kit, necessary spare parts in the assigned vehicle.
- Ensures that all immediate actions required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accidents.
Ensures efficient administrative and logistical support, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Support protocol liaison with Country Office, Ministries and Embassies.
- Support to staff members and their dependents by processing requests for visas, identity cards and other documents in accordance with requirements of the United Nations and government.
- Extracting, inputting, copying and filing data from various sources.
- Provide administrative support to Operations.
- Support to knowledge building and knowledge sharing.
- Ability to perform a variety of repetitive and routine tasks and duties
- Ability to review data, identify and adjust discrepancies
- Ability to handle a large volume of work possibly under time constraints
- Good knowledge of administrative rules and regulations
- Ability to operate and maintain a variety of computerized business machines and office equipment in order to provide efficient delivery of service
- Collects and compiles data with speed and accuracy identifying what is relevant and discarding what is not, records it in an accessible manner and maintains data bases
- Thoroughly and methodically collects, verifies and records data demonstrating attention to detail and identifying and correcting errors on own initiative
- Transmits file data; creates and generate queries, reports and documents utilizing databases, spreadsheets, communications and other software packages with speed and accuracy
- Interprets data, draws conclusions and/or identifies patterns which support the work of others
Managing Documents, Correspondence and Reports
- Creates, edits and presents information (queries, reports, documents) in visually pleasing, clear and presentable formats such as tables, forms, presentations, briefing notes/books and reports using advanced word processing and presentation functions and basic database and spreadsheet software
- Ability to produce accurate and well documented records conforming to the required standard.
Planning, Organizing and Multi-tasking
- Organises and accurately completes multiple tasks by establishing priorities while taking into consideration special assignments, frequent interruptions, deadlines, available resources and multiple reporting relationships
- Plans, coordinates and organises workload while remaining aware of changing priorities and competing deadlines
- Demonstrates ability to quickly shift from one task to another to meet multiple support needs
- Establishes, builds and maintains effective working relationships with staff and clients to facilitate the provision of support
- Promoting learning and knowledge management/sharing is the responsibility of each staff member.
Required Skills and Experience
- Secondary Education. Valid Driver’s license.
- At least 3 years’ work experience as a driver; safe driving record; knowledge of driving rules and regulations and skills in minor vehicle repair.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.).
- Fluency in the language of the duty station, knowledge of the UN language of the duty station.
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
The Recruitment of this position will include a screening process (written test/technical test); followed by an interview. Details of the process and dates will be shared ONLY with shortlisted candidates.
The take home pay will be approximately MVR 14,500.
For more information please email Nazaha, [email protected]cXI63KA-nAHY1