Donor Relations Officer*
- 22 Dec 2022
- Closing date
- 8 Jan 2023
The position is to be filled as soon as possible, with an initial contract duration until January 31, 2024 due to the project duration. Employment location will be Goma, Demoratic Republic of the Congo, with frequent travel to the project locations.
As Donor Relations Officer for Welthungerhilfe's Country Office in Goma, you will ensure the institutional funding of two projects (in Ituri and Maniema) funded by KfW, taking into account internal and external requirements and guidelines. You will be the contact person for external project partners and ensure the dissemination of information and advice to the Head of Project and the field teams with regard to the respective donor guidelines. In close cooperation with the Head of Project, you will coordinate administrative topics, reporting and contract issues with the respective donor and partners.
- Ensure narrative and financial reports are prepared and adjusted according to financial and administrative guidelines of the donor
- Preparation, participation and follow-up of internal and external coordination meetings
- Monitor expenditure deadlines for relevant donor contracts/grants
- Monitor the timely implementation of activities and compare the implementation and expenditures with the plans for the relevant donors/grants
- Provide continuous advice to the Head of Project and the field teams on the correct application of financial and programmatic regulations of the respective donor
- Etablish a good and regular communication with external partners and the donor
- A university/polytechnic degree or completed training with additional specialized knowledge or adequate job-relevant professional experience
- At least 3 years of relevant professional experience in donor relation management of institutional funding in development cooperation/humanitarian aid
- Knowledge of financial and programmatic regulations of different institutional donors, experience with the donor KfW would be an asset
- Diligent work attitude, ability to work in an intercultural team and proactive solution finding skills
- Willingness and ability to work in an intercultural environment and willing to travel to remote areas
- Readiness to receive necessary vaccinations for traveling to Welthungerhilfe's programme countries
- Excellent spoken and written English and French language skills
We offer you the opportunity to work in a responsible and interesting field as part of an extremely dedicated team. Welthungerhilfe attaches great importance to the personal and professional development of its employees and the balance of their work and private life. Remuneration is based on our gender-independent salary scale. In addition, Welthungerhilfe offers numerous other benefits, which are listed under \"Our benefits\".