Creative Associates seeks a Director of Administration and Operations for an anticipated USAID-funded project in Burkina Faso. The focus of the program is to work with the Government of Burkina Faso, particularly at the local level, to enable them to efficiently and effectively provide services to address the needs of its community; build citizens, local and community-based organizations and groups capacity to advocate for their needs and constructively communicate with government; and to create an environment in which citizens and the state regularly engage in productive dialogue officials. The Director will oversee procurement and grants in compliance with donor rules and regulations for the program.
Reporting and Supervision:
The Director of Administration and Operations will report to the Chief of Party. S/he will supervise staff working on grants, human resources, IT, and operations and administration.
- Program and office operations proceed efficiently and effectively throughout the project period.
- Project staff working in administration, human resources, and procurement, are appropriately trained and equipped to carry out their functions.
- Development and implementation of systems to properly manage, monitor, and report grant performance in accordance with USAID and Creative policies, practices, rules and regulations.
- Ensure that the project meets all USAID award requirements and ensure compliance with USAID, Burkina Faso, and Creative policies and regulations;
- Manage personnel and payroll office staff and procedures;
- Oversee the compliant management of grants and procurements;
- Provide administrative support to program activities;
- Manage and oversee staff responsible for office administration, and human resources;
- Oversee all operations including but not limited to administration, procurement, and property;
- Ensure that program implementation is in accordance with USAID regulations and procedures and the specifications determined in the SOW. This will include monitoring grantee worthiness, ensuring that all procurement processes are perceived as transparent by beneficiary communities, assuring fair and transparent procurement processes, review of financial management, and monitoring grant implementation;
- Assure that the most reasonable, fair, expeditious, and appropriate procurement choices were made pursuant to the Contractor Procurement Guide;
- Supervise the Contractor's day-to-day field presence in the areas of operations (including the project's facilities such as office space, equipment and project vehicles), administration, and procurement;
- Ensure continuous liquidity for the project; handle all human resource issues; supervise the day-to-day implementation of all grants made under the program; and investigate and identify new ways of achieving project efficiencies;
- Coordinate with the Contractor's Home Office on all compliance issues, seeking legal and policy guidance on sanctions and other applicable restrictions; and
Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Master's degree in business administration, contract management, or relevant field, or equivalent experience and certifications;
Minimum of eight (8) years of experience in administration of complex, international development assistance programs, developing and managing grant funds;
Experience with remote management in high security risk environments highly desired, but not required;
Strong written and oral communication skills; and
Fluency in French required and English preferred.
The candidate should be fluent in the Grantee's and USAID's policies and procedures in regard to human resources, procurement processes and systems, and grants management;
Demonstrated experience and knowledge in establishing systems and overseeing program start-up under limited time constraints as well as program close-out; and
Fluency in written and spoken English and Spanish required.